The EE braggers thread!!!

3 EEs hatched so far
celebrate.gif
one has a cushion comb too!

Well I'm not sure what kind of chickens I bought this week. They where suppose to be Ameracanas I didn't look at them well when I bought them I just wanted them away from the guy who had them. They do not have green legs they are white/yellow. I got 10 everyone is a diffrent color. This is the group I have 11 Ameracauna, 5 Black Copper Marans and 10 EE's or some other mix. Any idea on the breed?
83884_chicks_why_002.jpg

83884_chicks_why_004.jpg

Okay..... sit back and prepare for a dumb question!

If you have Ameraucana roosters over a variety of hens and wanted chickens that lay green eggs, would I hatch the eggs from the browns (RIR) or would those chicks still lay brown?

TX!
smile.png

edited cause I don't think as fast as I type....

Last edited:
Peach2u - I don't see any Ameraucanas in there. I do see Easter Eggers. There is ONE chick in that bunch that may possibly be one though.

hannakat - Yes, hatch the brown eggs and you get green egg layers. Make sure it is a true, purebred Ameraucana though otherwise you may get green or brown eggs.

Thanks Illia, I know the first 11 I bought have green leg. And I was shown the egg shells they where hatched from. All where blue/green in color. The second bunch of 10 did not have green legs. What is a normal breed that is mixed with Ameraucana's to make EE"s. I even ended up with a white looking chick from the second batch. I have 2 EE's from last year and one lays green the other brown eggs. Great looking birds.

Just obtained 3 EE hatching eggs today.
wee.gif

Put them under my broody bantum hen. (She is my avitar.)

She hasn't had a cluch before. We are hoping and praying that she hatches them and all goes well.
jumpy.gif

Happy Country Hens

Back
Top Bottom