The EE braggers thread!!!

apparently it doesn't pay to be honest. sigh.

I have 17 chicks left for sale, so went to the local poultry swap today to try get them sold. for one, it was Easter Sunday, no one showed up really. for two, it was raining, and for 3, I have Easter Eggers NOT Ameracaunas, and that doesn't mean mine are useless mutts.
They still lay the blue, green eggs and they have the beards and muffs, just not the standards of the Ameracauna breed.
The few people that were there would ask me what I was selling, I would say "Easter Eggers", they would say, "oh you mean Ameracaunas", no, I mean Easter Eggers ????!!!
There was a lady there selling Easter Eggers, but, she calls them Ameracaunas, which they aren't. She was selling her day olds for 6$, I was selling my 4 week olds for $5 , but, the few buyers , were buying hers because they weren't 'mutt' birds, as I think they think Easter Eggers were.
So, I guess I should have lied and said yes, these are Ameracaunas, I guess I'm just too honest that way. So, I brought all 17 back home.
ah well. One day people will get it. sigh.
roll.png

Due To The Wonderful 5 Days Of Strong Storms And Heavy Rain With Almost 6 Inches Of Rain, I Have Lost 6 Two Month Old Chicks To Either Flooding, Drowing, Or Stress, Four Of Which Were Ameraucana / Ee ( 3 Bantam, 1 Standard) . I Am Teed Off To No End Over It. I Know It Happens And There Pets To Us, But It Still Ticks Me Off Royal.

I Tightened Up The Coop And Got Drip Buckets In Areas I Suspect Leaks. I Will Reinforce The Roof More And Repairany Leaks When The Weather Cooperates By Tuesday.

The Only Solace I Have Is I Put 21 Ameraucana And Ee Eggs In The Incubator Yesterday. And Got 4 Lavender Bantam Ameraucana From John Belhm Stock. I Hatched Out Two Weeks Ago About 7 Ameraucana / Ee Chicks Also So Ill Get Over It. Darn Rainy Season Is Wicked This Year In Arkansas.

I snuck a couple eggs from my ee hen and leghorn roo under a broody yesterday. Just for fun. 21 days and we'll see what happens.
IMG_8168copy.jpg
Cleo my EE
IMG_9013.jpg
Little Dude my leghorn roo

In the Zen methods of thinking there is no truth only perception. Think about it ! You could say to a customer, Well some people call them Ameraucanas, but I call them EE. There is so much confusion in peoples minds about the difference, You would not be lying and if some one really knows the difference you could tell quickly. Most of the time folks do not care to be informed because it really is to much trouble. I am old enough to know that if some one wants to be enlightened they will work on being enlightened (educated) otherwise it is not my job.

Quote:

ducklover1 In the second group of the chicks as pre-teens, most of the chicks are facing the wall as if you told them to go stand in the corner until they could be good little chicks.

Paramedic sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like a battlefront.

WizChick That is a darn good looking pair of birds. Beautiful hen and hansome rooster. Hope the Broody likes her job !

Thanks Flower. Cleo is my cuddly chicken and Little Dude has been a good roo.
My broody actually hatched Little Dude the first time she went broody. He's just a few days over 1 year old now. This is the 4th time she's been broody. I think I'll just let her hatch these then I'll trade her for some cornish cross chicks.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about the beautiful pairing!

Flower, I noticed you are from the Mojave desert-I grew up there, and would looove to be back. *Sigh*

What breed is your broody ? I have a Welsummer who like to keep eggs warm. But I suspect if I gave her any to raise, she would not be so interested since Wellies do not have a good reputation for being good broodies and even worse mothers.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom