The EE braggers thread!!!

Sorry SteveH, I've never had any other order so have no way of knowing if I just got a very lucky shipment or it was normal for meyer. I ordered my girls in Sept don't know if that makes any diff at all.

My girls came from Estes Hatchery in MO. I bought them through Orshlen's in Topeka, ks. Their picture is post 4261. There was a good variety in the bin, but most were chipmunky.

Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:
I got mine from Mypetchicken.com. Ordered 6 pullets, got 5 (I know they can't guarantee 100%). They arrived the day after they hatched....all were, and still are, happy & healthy. I love my chickies.
love.gif

I posted these on the Ameracauna thread and was told that it's an EE Roo. I can't see how people can tell that it's a roo so quickly!!!
he.gif
So what is it....

Boy?
tongue.gif
or Girl?
yippiechickie.gif
And how can you tell!??!!?!?

6 weeks old
97480_img_0360.jpg

97480_img_0363.jpg

Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
That's OK, I knew I was buying the old fashioned type partridge and duckwing colors from Schlechts. I can breed the more flashy colors through crossing them or Ameraucanas to other breeds, and have, but sold them. I'm raising some replacements from the eggs of my my lost flock.................. when they feather out better I'll take some pictures. Tonight I'm hatching solid white and blue laced red Cornish, and lavender and with possible isabel Orpingtons, to breed EEs from.................. I think they should produce interesting EEs.

Quote:
The comb is very red, and pullets usually don't get that much color in theirs untill much older and at point of lay. Pretty though, and untill it crows there's hope.

Awww. Very cute. The lightest one looks a lot like my last year's girl who turned out pure white.

60454_lily.jpg

The 2nd one looks like one of my chicks this year, too

60454_ee4leopard.jpg

60454_venturing.jpg

she's the one in the middle with the typical gold around her neck.

The third one has the same dusty look on her head as one of this year's chicks - now 8 weeks old. But my chick had less color.

60454_hermoine_side.jpg

That's the fun of EE's. You never know how they will turn out. Be sure to post as they get older.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom