The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
If the fair uses an APA approoved judge, he may likely disqualify her EE if it's entered as an Ameraucana. EEs are not a breed, but a mix of breeds. Sorry.

Last edited:
SteveH Maybe the judges will know the difference but most everyone else will not and some fairs have rather lax rules while other are tighta......

Quote:
Quite true. I mentioned the possible disgualification in the hope of forewarning a parent that their child might be heart broken if not aware that their bird might possilbly be disqulified at a show. I know also that some have been quite disappointed to spend the time and money to have a true Ameraucana to take to the show, only to see others allowed to show EEs in the same class. Hopefully the fair does offer a class for birds of mixed breed. IMO, youth shows should be both fun and educational for the participants.

I'm afraid even many of us adults have been disappointed to be told that the EE we purchased as an Americana/Araucana is neither an Ameraucana or Araucana....................... sometimes failing to take responcability for our own lack of education before making the purchase........................... and possibly even directing anger towards those who finally informed us of our own mistakes.

SteveH you are quite correct as an ethical issue. I am thinking that I was speaking somewhat in jest and must admit I purchased a pair of birds listed as Ameraucanas while I knew that they were not because I wanted bantams so much. I was only slightly dissapointed in my purchase since I've made so many blunders already, they no longer have much control over me.
lau.gif

I know here that with 4-H that all the kids get their birds at the feed store and show EE's as Ameraucana's so I think she will be fine entering the chicken in a local 4-H show.

I mentioned the possible disgualification in the hope of forewarning a parent that their child might be heart broken if not aware that their bird might possilbly be disqulified at a show.

THank you, my thoughts exactly. THis is our first year of chickens and 4H. All of our chickens are hatchery stock, so we are just doing the best we can. I had to send in the fair registration today. She chose to take an OEGB roo and a Golden Sebright roo.​

Quote:
THank you, my thoughts exactly. THis is our first year of chickens and 4H. All of our chickens are hatchery stock, so we are just doing the best we can. I had to send in the fair registration today. She chose to take an OEGB roo and a Golden Sebright roo.

thumbsup.gif
Best wishes; I pray you both find the experience to be rewarding as well as fun.

I wasnt sure if i should be here or in the Ameraucana thread i have been confused for some time about both threads anyway im ordering some Ameraucans from Meyer Hatchery but someone said thats not Ameraucans they sell its EE's and is a EE a crossed easter egg laying chicken with a non ee laying chicken?

i mean if i was to hatch out a BO with blue or green legs and it laid said colors that would be a EE right?

an EE is chicken that has been crossed with a Ameraucana and something else. The only way to get an Ameraucana is to get them from breeders... EE's will lay any colored egg so you are not garenteed blue eggs.

Here is one of my EE

50933_p1050773.jpg
Esmeralda... she hasn't laid yet but I am hoping for a blue or green egg.

50933_p1050764.jpg

50933_p1050769.jpg

My other EE. No name yet

Last edited:
My 2 EE mix roos, ( 12 weeks old)
and my 3 new chicks, I hope to be pullets...anyone identify them as roos also, they are 2 weeks old.

68634_dsc_0197.jpg

68634_dsc_0194.jpg

68634_dsc_0131.jpg

68634_dsc_0096-3.jpg

68634_ee_roo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom