The EE braggers thread!!!

this is my little survivier hen, Esther:
41094_esther.jpg

she has survived 2 dog attacks, shes just recovering from a wing injuring

Breshcandra- Actually it is the other way around, there were EE's long before Ameraucana's. In fact EE's are what Ameraucana's were bred from by selectively breeding for color, body type, egg color, etc. It is true tho that EE's are now being "made" by crossing Ameraucana's with just about any other breed of chicken. My own line of EE's go back countless generations as I have been raising them for 12+ yrs. with no outside blood brought into my flock. In the '70's when I first acquired blue egg layers they were all called Araucana's. No matter what they are called they are great chickens because of the wide range of colors. Charlie

Here are my EE's. Ellie is on the left and Tweety on the right. They are 6 weeks old. They are supposed to be pullets. We shall see!

94381_img_9150.jpg

Tweety on the left, Ellie on the right

94381_img_9123.jpg

Tweety the first day we got her.

94381_img_8260.jpg

Ellie, about 10 days old.

94381_img_8379.jpg

darling, beautiful!

I just found out two of my hens are Easter Eggers, (thought they were ) because we get nice lare pretty eggs from them!

Quote:

Thanks. I adore them. They are much friendlier and more interesting than my Welsummers.

Oh Lordy, please help me.
he.gif

There's an awesome deal on Craigslist that I am struggling with myself not to snatch up for three EE banties; one cockerel and two pullets. The cockerel is an interesting herringbone pattern with red and black feathers mottled throughout, and even though I can't have any roos where I live, I have to admit that he is very pretty and oh so tempting! One female is rumpless, and is a sort of BBred pattern and the other looks like a tiny, pure lavendar Ameraucana hen with huge muffs.

I was at a farm auction and as we were leaving someone literally drove by opened up the door and threw well she looks like an easter egger young pullet on the ground. I ran to pick it up and she fell right into my arms - just beautiful and sweet - but as i look at her face she has sever cross beak. Top bent over. I think she is fairly young - she still has a young "chirp" however is feathered all out - mind you stunning colors. I put in her quarantine in a rabbit cage and put a bowl of food in - in a rabbit crock and she went nuts. I watched for ever trying to se if she was getting food down. Am i fooling myself here o r is she going to starve to death, My guess is these people bought as i saw several cages of for sale bantam EE's and they were probably jsut ditching her. Do i need to put her down? Can she live a normal life ? What to do?!?!?! Please help!

Quote:
Obviously she was eating well enough to get to her current age. You might want to use a Dremmel to keep her beak trimmed to as close as normal as possible, and be prepared to accept fate and put her down if its apparent she's becoming malnourished; cross beak is not going to get better, and may get worse.

Quote:
Obviously she was eating well enough to get to her current age. You might want to use a Dremmel to keep her beak trimmed to as close as normal as possible, and be prepared to accept fate and put her down if its apparent she's becoming malnourished; cross beak is not going to get better, and may get worse.

Thank you so much - i am an AVID lurker on this thread and have always wanted an EE - but NOT this way. When i picked her up - she laid her head on my shoulder and it was all over - i was a goner and determined to help her

Back
Top Bottom