The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I dunno what they are crosses of, but the bird in the last two pictures is no pullet...

x2
hide.gif

One of my EE's is finally laying
wee.gif
I have gotten 2 beautiful green eggs from my girl Squeakers!
The two in the front, the rest are from my Necked Neck, TetraTint, and my Norwegian Jaerhon.
78308_1st_dozen.jpg

I am curious how long it will take for my easter eggers to show their 'true' adult colors. They are about 5weeks right now and I was curious if what I'm seeing right now is pretty much what they'll be as adults or if it will take time to develop like some of the other breeds?

Quote:
#3 does look Roo-ski-doodle-ish...the long feathers (saddle) at the base of the tail and the sharp feathers (hackle) in the neck. has it laid an egg?

as far as I know, Easter Eggers could be just about anything, not just 2 different breeds brought together to make them, they carry the blue egg gene, but could be crossed with a brown egg layer- around the way. The rooster over the flock you got your chickens from could have many breeds blood running through his veins, accounts for the hybrid vigor. EEs were my first bird getting back into the hobby. imho- Take the best traits of your favorite chickens, stir in the blue-egg gene and voila- Easter Eggers!

Very Pretty Birds!

On my monitor the EE eggs look blue more than green but the other which other might call brown look pink. If you have a Welsummer all brown eggs are not egual color.

What BTW is a tetra chicken please ?

Quote:
UC student by now you should have some idea of what your birds will look like. Of course they change as they grow and one hint is that the more colorful birds frequntly will be males. It a bird thing !

Back
Top Bottom