The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Everybody's EEs are so pretty. So far I have only one and I love her. But next year I will have more since I have a beautiful white Ameraucana rooster.

featherz Is the hen to the left of the pretty rooster a Sussex or an EE ?

yep, speckled sussex pullet. Both are the same age, about 17 wks old.

Does anyone have an EE who lays a light khaki colored egg? Im not sure if it is a BO eggs or my lil white EE egg its not quite brown but not quite white so Im gonna call the color light khaki!
smile.png
If its my EE I would be so excited I have been waiting and waiting for one of them to lay!!

My Silkie when she is not broody lays a cream colored egg and she is white. I did have a bantam EE once who layed a pale colored egg. I think that it was tan/beige and was slightly larger than the silkie egg.

Last edited:
So my 3 week old chicks got to go outside in their coop for a couple hrs today. They seemed to love it, my 2 yr old even gave them some apple which they fought over! My 2 yr old also stood in there and tried to give them a stick, which they pecked out. My kids call our coop the Krusty Krab! They like to play in it! It's one of the arched greenhouse looking coops. I need to get some pictures of my chicks so I can post them, it's just so hard to tell the EEs apart b/c they are all the chipmunk colors, though it is in varying shades and patterns (slightly). I had wanted to get some leg bands for them to be able to tell them apart easier, but noone has them in local stores. The only one named is our BR cockerel who my 4 yr old decided to randomly name Blackbeard! Blackbeard is a sassy butt, he was pecking at me today when I got him out of our brooder box to put him outside and when I was replacing the water in their brooder. I hope the local feed store or TSC get more "Ameracauna" chicks so I can get a couple more in different colors! I'll gladly get rid of the 2 RIR pullets we have and replace them with EEs!

Hey guys, just wanted to show off a little before bed. My little Betty was being a ham for the camera the other day. XD

95415_betty_face.jpg

"Finally, some attention! You took your time in getting here!"

95415_betty_face_2.jpg

"Now, which side is my 'good side'?"

Barred rock sister, Diana, tries to butt into the picture:
95415_whatre_you_lookin_at.jpg

"Hey, this is MY photo op!"

I have a ton of EE pics, but I'm tired so I'll get them posted in the morning for your enjoyment.
lol.png
roll.png

Quote:
smile.png
GREAT~GREAT PICS~My one hen & 2 roos will not stand still long enough to get any 'just good' pics & I want to Sell the 2 roos.
lol.png
Looking forward to more of ur pics.
cool.png

Quote:
I "banded" mine with colored zip ties -- I think DH got them at Harbor Freight ... since my four muffed/bearded partridge-colored girls look very much alike, they now sport loose bands of blue, yellow, black, and purple so I can tell them apart easily ... one of the two clean-faced black-headed girls would not tolerate a band, even a loose one, so she hasn't one and her lookalike flockmate has a white band

Quote:
smile.png
A company in England~'FLYTE SO FANCY' has pkgs of mixed colored leg rings~both spiral & solid for about $8.00 US for 30. You can order & pay for them on the internet~however, they can only be shipped to the British Isles~so.....you have to find a friend to have them shipped to them & then mail them to you.
cool.png

so i got my first egg from one of my beautiful girls
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

i think it came from Oprah on the right

91283_gedc1461.jpg

It was a double yoke, hopefully means good luck for all my ladies!

91283_doubleyoke1.jpg

She laid another one today that was a beautiful blueish green, i am so excited the eggs have started.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom