The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Just relax! It's like watching for a pot of water to boil or paint to dry! In my experience EEs generally take a bit longer to begin laying. 18 weeks is not the norm. I had one that was 40 weeks before she laid a thing and luckily that is not the norm either. Somewhere in between is a happy medium. I never expect an egg until around 30 weeks...then I can be way excited if it happens before that. Everything about EEs is a surprise, what will they look like, when will they lay, what color will that long awaited egg be....etc. Most of my EEs are good layers and I find that, generaly, the longer they take to lay the longer they lay well/the more they lay. So, like I said, just relax, you'll still be surprised and excited when it does FINALLY happen. Just know that I'm waiting with you...mine are 22 and 14 weeks so I'm right there with you!

Quote:
Just relax! It's like watching for a pot of water to boil or paint to dry! In my experience EEs generally take a bit longer to begin laying. 18 weeks is not the norm. I had one that was 40 weeks before she laid a thing and luckily that is not the norm either. Somewhere in between is a happy medium. I never expect an egg until around 30 weeks...then I can be way excited if it happens before that. Everything about EEs is a surprise, what will they look like, when will they lay, what color will that long awaited egg be....etc. Most of my EEs are good layers and I find that, generaly, the longer they take to lay the longer they lay well/the more they lay. So, like I said, just relax, you'll still be surprised and excited when it does FINALLY happen. Just know that I'm waiting with you...mine are 22 and 14 weeks so I'm right there with you!

Thanks hun! Im glad Im not the only one waiting
smile.png
I just dont want to be doing anything wrong. My mother in law tells me that they are spoiled rotten and how their chickens were raised. LOL I am trying my best to give them everything they need and want. I like to think I am doing a good job. Their combs are getting a bit bigger every time I go out and see them. They are sporting a red(but not bright red) On and around their faces. So Im hoping its sooner rather than later lol. Your right it is definantly going to be a surprise and i will be very excited. My very first fresh egg!

Quote:

smile.png
I just dont want to be doing anything wrong. My mother in law tells me that they are spoiled rotten and how their chickens were raised. LOL I am trying my best to give them everything they need and want. I like to think I am doing a good job. Their combs are getting a bit bigger every time I go out and see them. They are sporting a red(but not bright red) On and around their faces. So Im hoping its sooner rather than later lol. Your right it is definantly going to be a surprise and i will be very excited. My very first fresh egg!

Got my first second generation EE egg (white!
tongue.png
) yesterday. They are 20 weeks old exactly.

Quote:
smile.png

tongue.png

CONGRATZ!!!!!
big_smile.png
clap.gif

(On another note lol
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
caf.gif
Im still waiting and mine are almost 22 weeks now.... Im gonna be like
old.gif
when they lay their first egg
lau.gif
)

Quote:
tongue.png

CONGRATZ!!!!!
big_smile.png
clap.gif

(On another note lol
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
caf.gif
old.gif
lau.gif
)

I've had EEs, Ameraucanas, and Speckled Sussex all go to around and over 7 months to start laying.
hide.gif

Quote:
CONGRATZ!!!!!
big_smile.png
clap.gif

(On another note lol
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif
caf.gif
old.gif
lau.gif
)

I've had EEs, Ameraucanas, and Speckled Sussex all go to around and over 7 months to start laying.
hide.gif

Out of 12 pullets (EEs, Ameraucanas, Marans) only 1 is laying so far (now almost 21 weeks old)

Since most of these are EE I thought I would share my new babies... The EE are Lav Ameraucana Roo x something? There are 3 olive eggers hopefully too. There are 28 in all but not all EE, some are prod reds, NH, Ameraucanas, Blue and black BR

92428_dsc03536.jpg

92428_dsc03537.jpg

92428_dsc03538.jpg

Maretta laid her very first egg on her 23 week birthday today. It's dirty because she dropped it in the pen after sitting on the nest and "missing the drop", something I find common with that first egg. She is 1/2 BW Ameraucana and 1/2 EE:

DSCN3448.jpg

This is a recent picture of Maretta:

DSCN3349.jpg

I had a broody hen and obtained some fertile EE eggs from a friend. The broody did a wonderful job and has 5 happy, healthy chicks following her around the yard. They're 2 weeks old today. I have plans to give all the chicks to a friend who wants to set up her own coop in the next month or so but I'm kind of starting to fall for one little chick in particular. Sweet little silver baby... If it's a pullet, it just may end up staying here! I'm curious, does anyone have an EE hen who started out as a silvery striped chick? I'd like to see how this one might grow out. Trying not to get too attached, but come on, look at these guys!
wink.png

This is the silver chick at just a day or two -
54793_ee_chicks_1_edit.jpg

A few more of them -
54793_ee_chicks_5edit.jpg

In the garden with their "mom" who hatched them - silver in the middle of the pic
54793_img_0900-edit.jpg

Hightailing it back to the nursery when I decided they needed to get back for a drink on a hot day! Silver on the right in the first pic
54793_img_0917-edit.jpg

Silver, lower Right -
54793_img_0920-edit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom