The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Yes..she born and bred here at my place..hatched in my incubator...not sure which her daddy was..but..both are EEs..not sure which of my girls is her mom..i have a couple girls with a more refined head..but..she definitely is. the cutest.
Her neck feathers are so different too..super long and mane like..I love chickens with a different look..and she is for sure staying..i have chickens i call pretty or neat..but i dont have many that i can call cute.

I snapped a few photos today of my older 2011 hatch EEs. I think these will be some of my keepers.
19748_2011_fall_ees_048.jpg

19748_2011_fall_ees_051.jpg

19748_2011_fall_ees_003.jpg

19748_2011_fall_ees_073.jpg

19748_2011_fall_ees_076.jpg

19748_2011_fall_ees_011.jpg

This is the father of this year's crop. I got him from Mt. Healthy last year.
19748_2011_fall_ees_065.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Love the pics! Keep them coming. All so beautiful. I haven't culled any of my boys yet--they are so pretty to look at out in the flock . . . .of turkeys! THey were hatched and raised with turkeys.
wink.png

Quote:
Pretty hard to explain taste and texture on an Internet forum. Also, it is more something a person would have to experience for themselves. Maybe it something to do with the way they are grown, how fed, the kind of chicken they are and the age, all factors that would determine the final product effect taste and texture. What I'm saying is there will be a difference that you would notice. Kind of like different kinds of fish being different tasting and texture, they are all fish, but you can really tell that not all fish taste alike.

EEs are my favorite egg layers of all the chickens I've ever owned, but I'd rather have them for egg laying than raise them for meat. The roosters are just not gonna lay any eggs so they get culled for the table. BTW, they "Taste just like chicken"!
roll.png

I just wanted to add that in my limited experience, the meat is much more firm, and I want to say the taste is , Deeper or maybe more intence maybe, but definietly better than any store bought chicken, in all honesty though we've only eaten one of our Roos he was a light brahma about 5/6 months old. I put him in the freezer for a couple of weeks (because my boys refused to eat him) anyway I pulled him out of the freezer finially and cooked it up in a pot of chicken and noodles and those kids that wouldn't eat him said that was the best chicken and noodles they ever had. I did tell them that it was our Rooster and they weren't really happy but they still said it was the best chicken they had ever had. LOL ( I have some people around here that say you can't and refuse to get the blue/green eggs, Mostly older folks, just want the white or brown eggs, they say your not suppose to eat the colored eggs
roll.png
and I tell them it taste just like any other farm fresh egg they won't even give it a chance. lol )

Thank you for your relies.

I have an older couple that only want the brown eggs... they taste better! that is because they are fresh! not brown! lol

Hey ya'll just wanted to show off the pretty lady I produced. She is a cross between a blue wheaten ameraucana rooster and a white EE hen from cackle hatchery. I've got her in a pen with my BCM's now to make olive eggers. She hasn't started laying yet but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a pretty shade of blue!

72682_img01481-20111126-1210.jpg

Back
Top Bottom