The EE braggers thread!!!

I read through it as well, thanks for the link!
Mine was sold to me as an Araucana at a feed store.
(Which I know now it is not)

Last edited:
I have a broody EE!
D.gif
She is sitting on 10 of our own eggs. We just sold our 2 adult roos. But it had een 10 days from the time the last roo left when she started sitting and we gave her eggs. Since eggs can be fertile for 3 weeks after roos are gone we figured we'd give it a shot with some of our own eggs. Likely we will sell the chicks but it depends on what we end up with. Dad will likely be the EE roo we had and moms are EEs or RIRs. First eggs we gave her were the ones that were layed 5/17. We also gave her the ones from 5/18. She has been a good mama so far. I tried to get a picture of her on the nest the other day adn she left it before I could get the shot. She went back to it though. I'll have to try again another day so I can share. She is one of the prettier ones of our EE. SHe has a black head and a dark partridge like body. She is missing some feathers on her back but I noticed that the day we got rid of the last rooster. I figured her and the other hen tha thad the same problem were likely the roosters favorites. Hopefully by June 7th we shoul see what we get.
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

My Chicks had a Photo Shoot today!!! Here's what I came up with! Love the EE's so much!!!
The Replacement Roo....He still has no name yet...I need to get on the ball. He's so beautiful with his splashes of red.

and Look at Mrs.Lyles..I love her tail.

Here's Lacey aka lil runty. She's got some odd coloring.

Here is Ghost (the chick in the front) although she looks like the size of my roo she's actually half his size. SO tiny and quick.

So out of 11 chicks I hatched these are the 4 I choose to keep. oh and LAST night was the first time they went to sleep in the big coop without me having to go get them and put them in there.

Here are a few updated pics of some of my EE crew...

I think this little guy is gorgeous!

This little girl is SO sweet, she's always trying to perch up on my shoulder and in my lap...here she was just before she hopped onto the camera...

I'm not sure what to make of her color - she is white, but with some very light blue coming in on her head/neck area and a few blue feathers on her back and wings. I wonder what she'll look like as an adult?? The light blue on her head is hard to see in pics, I think the flash washes it out :(

Two of my cockerels...I think they're about 10 weeks old now.

Here are a few updated pics of some of my EE crew...

I think this little guy is gorgeous!

This little girl is SO sweet, she's always trying to perch up on my shoulder and in my lap...here she was just before she hopped onto the camera...

I'm not sure what to make of her color - she is white, but with some very light blue coming in on her head/neck area and a few blue feathers on her back and wings. I wonder what she'll look like as an adult?? The light blue on her head is hard to see in pics, I think the flash washes it out :(

Two of my cockerels...I think they're about 10 weeks old now.
The first picture looks just like our broody hen! Glad to see someone else has an EE with her coloring!

So, anyone good with chicken genetics? haha. Since my two SLW roos were killed, I need a new roo. And I was thinking, what better than an EE? Because I personally love EE's. But, I was curious, if he was to cross with, say, a SLW hen, and I hatched the chick, what's the chance of it laying green/blue eggs?

Depends on his comb type. If he's got a nice pea comb, no flaws like too tall, floppy, pointy, etc, then I'd say your chances for green eggs are 90% or better. You won't get any blue eggs though. If his comb has any flaws, you have a 50% chance or better of green eggs, the rest brown.

Back
Top Bottom