The EE braggers thread!!!

Hey all! I am new to BYC & finally started up a flock this past spring. I am wondering if ya'll wouldn't mind helping out here. I got 2 EEs a couple weeks ago & were both suppose to be pullets. I am now thinking that I may have a cockerel and pullet (they are the same age) age not known exactly but they are weighing in at 2.88lbs(1st 4 pics) & 2.4lbs(2nd 4 pics)

I'm thinking the above is a boy & the one below is a girl. What do you think?

I hope I got good enough pictures. They were very good today with the camera & scale.
D.gif
They both look like girls to me. The top one might just be closer to laying eggs, which is why her comb might be bigger and redder. They are very pretty - Enjoy them!

Hey all! I am new to BYC & finally started up a flock this past spring. I am wondering if ya'll wouldn't mind helping out here. I got 2 EEs a couple weeks ago & were both suppose to be pullets. I am now thinking that I may have a cockerel and pullet (they are the same age) age not known exactly but they are weighing in at 2.88lbs(1st 4 pics) & 2.4lbs(2nd 4 pics)

I'm thinking the above is a boy & the one below is a girl. What do you think?

I hope I got good enough pictures. They were very good today with the camera & scale.
D.gif
smilies-3435.png
smilies-3434.png

You have beautiful Pullets and will have nice green and blue eggs.

Colors are wrong(boys would be redder at the wings) and cockerels have more rows on the comb. Combs would be bigger and redder too.

Ron

it is a close up of my EE, Blu B'ree, part of her neck and wing

I just cropped the picture... from this one
I have a girl who looks alot like this too her name is skyfire and she is my first broody, raising a chickie doo for me. I got her from Meyers hatchery.

This was taken after her first molt.

Hey Cali chick & Ronott1,
Thanks so much for that. I was completely thrown off by them having completely different tails! Would have been nice having a standard sized boy around. Maybe next batch around I'll be lucky enough!

Last edited:
ok, ok....no fair!!! My girls are 20 weeks old and no eggs yet. No squatting, No egg songs!!!! I think it would be really nice of all of you if you would not let your chickens have eggs until I get one!! hahahhahahaha! I have never in my 60 years of life seen a real blue/green/pink egg! Have only seen the white and brown from the stores. Can't wait!!! I race my DH to the coop every morning....and nothing! I have different breeds...including 3 EE's, you would think one of them would have eggs! Maybe tomorrow?????

Hi inthesticks!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm pretty new here too, I think you will find that this site is, on the whole, awesome...! you're birds are gorgeous and I think Cali Chick and Ron are right... look like pullets to me too

Kassaundra ~ I've seen pics of your Skyfire and she is so so beautiful, the combination of bright and dark red lacing is such an exquisite contrast to the blue, bet she's a terrific lil mama!

Do you call her "duck" because of the noise she made or makes?
I had a girl I called Honker because she honked like a goose when she was first changing from "cheep-cheep" to other noises.
One of my EE girls is named Honker for the same reason!! I can always pick her noises out from everyone else, and there are 26 others...She started honking at around 10 weeks. Tomorrow she will be 18 weeks and her little chick honk has just turned into a big 'ol goose honk!
gig.gif
How long did yours honk?

Lobzi: I named her duck to be ridiculous. I also named one goose. It would have been even better if she made the duck noises or honked!
Chicken pickin: Yay for green eggs! I think the camera was very flattering to that eggs, I have a hard time seeing the green unless I get it in natural light or set it next to the white egg.

When I found the egg it was like a little easter egg hunt, she laid it under the holly bush. I would have missed it if I didn't water the garden that night.
I think its time to start raising some hogs so we can have our very own home raised green eggs and ham!

Hoping everyone else gets their colored eggs real soon!

Edited to add:

Cheeka: Yes it is big, I'm between Rochester & Syracuse. How are you liking this summer?!

Last edited:
SunnysideupstateNY, it's been a crazy ... year. I'm in the area that was decimated by hurricane Irene last year, and if you look at the big picture, we got 10 feet of water in 2 days, then a few more a week later with Lee... and basically have had zero precipitation since. no snow all winter, crazy warm weather, and the last 5 weeks, not even a sprinkle, walking on my property was like walking on bags of potato chips... but it's been storming like mad for the past 2 days, started with a wicked hail storm, I was running around trying to make sure all the animals that were ranging got to cover... it's nice that it's been raining steadily since, I'm a winter person... how about you?

Back
Top Bottom