The EE braggers thread!!!

My males have kept their tails. But i have several pullets that had long ee tails and now they are rumpless style like yours. I had wondered if they were going to stay short also. So far they have. I also wondered if my goose or ducks may have pulled them. Who knows .
I had a chicken whose tail was like that and I was told that she had undergone a juvenile molt. She has since grown out a normal tail.

well just go out with a sharpie and color in the lens part so it looks like sun glasses. you can probly trim them to shape also
yuckyuck.gif

Just thought I'd share who I found in the grape trellis. She has been skipping out on going into the coop with the other girls for the past few nights.

Silly Girl. Love my EE's
tongue.png

My neighbors have just discovered that what they thought was a SLW rooster is actually a EE hen. They have witnessed this 'rooster' lay an egg two times. They ordered from Mt. Hatchery located in Ohio, and had nothing but problems with the company from sick chicks, to incorrect breeds they recieved. Other than that, their EE's are great green egg layers.

bow.gif
I need your expert EE's help. I've found a mystery pullet egg......
I was SO excited to find a first egg in the silkie pen today (pictured below with my Buff Orps egg). However, I'm not sure the little beige egg belongs to my 6 month old silkie pullet because my 19 week old Easter Eggers like to fly into the silkie pen.

-Does my white EE, Angel, look like she's reached point-of-lay? She has not been doing the egg squat and I didn't think her comb looked red enough or big enough yet?
hu.gif
Ebony, the other EE is even less red.

-And, do EE's lay brown pullet eggs before they turn green or blue? I'm going to be real dissappointed if these EE don't give me green or blue eggs....
hit.gif

Don't get me wrong.
celebrate.gif
I am looking on the bright side too because "someone" just started laying. I just don't know WHO, yet!

I'm very pleased with my easter egger hens. They are the first ones to start laying, some of them are laying large sized eggs, and colors are great. Lots of double yolkers too.

One small hen lays a "chocolate mint" egg, which is green with brown specks. I'm not really sure who lays what, but I hope to figure it out eventually.

bow.gif
I need your expert EE's help. I've found a mystery pullet egg......
I was SO excited to find a first egg in the silkie pen today (pictured below with my Buff Orps egg). However, I'm not sure the little beige egg belongs to my 6 month old silkie pullet because my 19 week old Easter Eggers like to fly into the silkie pen.

-Does my white EE, Angel, look like she's reached point-of-lay? She has not been doing the egg squat and I didn't think her comb looked red enough or big enough yet?
hu.gif
Ebony, the other EE is even less red.

-And, do EE's lay brown pullet eggs before they turn green or blue? I'm going to be real dissappointed if these EE don't give me green or blue eggs....
hit.gif

Don't get me wrong.
celebrate.gif
I am looking on the bright side too because "someone" just started laying. I just don't know WHO, yet!

Do you have any that have straight combs? I can't tell from the pic but if she has a straight comb she will probably lay brown eggs.

Who laid that WHOPPER of an Egg
ep.gif

Do you have any that have straight combs? I can't tell from the pic but if she has a straight comb she will probably lay brown eggs.

Who laid that WHOPPER of an Egg
ep.gif
Both EE have small, (still flat) pea combs. My LF hens cannot get into the silkie pen where I found this pullet egg. My Buff Orpington layed the other egg in the LF coops nesting box...It was even big for her.

So, since my EE have a pea comb and slate legs, does that mean neither of them could have laid this little, beige egg?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom