The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I think of them as EE too, with a twist. To me if they lay a green egg, they already have some of the genes for Olive, they just need MORE. LOL.

I hope they lay your lots of eggs! I love my BR.... still working to improve them. I just sold 2 hens, and I am thinking of adding 1 hen to another Barred Rock roo I have, he is FINALLY old enough. Going to do some test hatches and see what I get. I also have some pullets growing up and lots more I just hatched. I figured since I was only getting half blue barred rocks and half of them will be roos, I needed more RIGHT?
lau.gif
I am actually keeping all the pullets for sexlinks in the spring. Usually I sell the Black ones.

I just hatched 3 Barred EE... .my Black Am that laid a greener egg, jumped the fence so now I have some barred EE to make sexlinks from too
yesss.gif
I have 2 already.
Nice.
celebrate.gif
I have 20 days for my OE hatch, I have BR pullet under a Lavender Ameraucana cockerel, can't wait to see those chicks.

My EEs are from Estes Hatchery, sold as Ameraucanas. These are some of my first chickens, and I have no idea about their breeding program, so, I've just been referring to them as EEs.

But my Saffron has an awesome beard, or so I have been told.

she really does have an awesome beard

Those would be sexlinks too. They SHOULD be just black and black barred roos. Lavenders shouldn't hide other colors if breed correctly.

I think I read someone wanting to toss a Wheaten in the pen to add some color.... wheaten is recessive and it takes 2 copies for the color to express same with Lavender.

I like your birds! are you breeding for the blue and rust color?
I think he's part buttercup, part ee. Not sure, got him from an auction. I really liked his lacing, and i am aiming for birds with spangles/lacing, not fussy on how neat. :) I got a surprising number of chicks with blue from my last hatch, so you never know! Hoping you get more like yours you have! They are pretty.
fl.gif

Yes Ee's are most;y non standard AM's or crosses, most have beards as well tho right now I have a roo with no beard, and I could have swore he had one as a chick, not sure where it went.. will have too look back and post a picture
..... this is little red, now looking gangly and tall but no beard, does it appear he has 1 in this picture?????
anyway, AM's and EE are a big mess people are always fighting about it, its crazy they are all beautiful chickens but as far as I can figure, the difference is, am's breed true EE's do not , you can get a good variety of color from 1 pair, my EE fileen and my Graybeard, a splash wild type EE gave me 3 different colored babies this year, a white, a tan and white/gray faced girl, and 2 roos that are almost identical...WildType duck wings. these guys ........ only 1 lays a green blue egg, and that isn't outa my EE hen she was a SLW cross....my 2 hens from Fileen lay a tan pinkish egg.. so I can't complain and my favorite is the EE anyway because of all the colors...could care less about green legs or if they breed true, as long as they are EE's..............Kim
Ok a better discription of my EE's and babies in color even hehehe
That Roo is Way Awesome!!!!!!

My EEs are from Estes Hatchery, sold as Ameraucanas.  These are some of my first chickens, and I have no idea about their breeding program, so, I've just been referring to them as EEs.

But my Saffron has an awesome beard, or so I have been told.

I would still keep EEs even if they didn't lay coloured eggs. Those beards are totally worth it! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom