The EE braggers thread!!!

yeah, I'm happy with them and i shall they eat a lot, and I've heard they are really rare around here and i think I'm the only one in my area that has them (lucky). Why is the American Standard so high then, and i thought EE's were a cross between an Araucana and any other chicken, so how could these be EE's even in your country if there Pure Bred.
The American standard does not include birds with crests, and lavender is not an accepted color.... yet. Your girls are closer to what we call Ameraucana, with the beards and muffs. If you look up the Araucana breeders club, you will see that those birds have cheek tufts (larger feathers that stick out horizontally) and they are rumpless. The Australian standard looks to be quite different, but if I could get birds like yours I would. They are beautiful.

Breeders want to keep the nomenclature, and the lines, distinct. I have a pretty girl, that looks like a buff Ameraucana, except for a tiny bit of partridge on a couple of feathers. She is the offspring of a pure Buff Am crossed with a pure Wheaten Am, but technically, she's an EE, and that's what the breeder called her.

These girls are half sisters, both from purebred mothers and the same pure father, but one is an EE!

Yup. The leg color depends on what they have been bred from, and once the hatchery introduces a yellow legged bird, then all sorts of shades of green can pop up. Also, the colors change, mostly darken, as they grow.

Looks like you've got a great group there. You will probably get a big variety of egg colors too. EEs are definitely not for folks who hate surprises!

All the parent birds lay jumbo very blue eggs... hoping these babies do too!!!

Yup. The leg color depends on what they have been bred from, and once the hatchery introduces a yellow legged bird, then all sorts of shades of green can pop up. Also, the colors change, mostly darken, as they grow.

Looks like you've got a great group there. You will probably get a big variety of egg colors too. EEs are definitely not for folks who hate surprises!
I second that on the great variety. I have a few white Ams and I do not like them as they started a feather picking trend in my flock. Although they are pretty, I am fast making them all mother of fancy EEs and OEs. Sameness is boring. Unless you are making an auto sexing breed to sell to city folks. That does make sense !!! In fact I really like that idea and may need to get some of those for this area.

Hi Guys, I am also in OZ & was sold this girl as an Aracauna but she is so smooth looking not like the nice fluffy ones you guys have been posting. She has muffs & beard (especially when cranky!) I was looking for a banty hen in a hurry so was not chasing a particular breed. The photos do not show the intricate lacy pattern she has. Posted the 2nd one of her (behind rooster) to try & show her colour better but niether are good. So what is she do you think? I am quite happy with whatever but I was interested as she was sold as Aracauna? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am also in OZ & was sold this girl as an Aracauna but she is so smooth looking not like the nice fluffy ones you guys have been posting. She has muffs & beard (especially when cranky!) I was looking for a banty hen in a hurry so was not chasing a particular breed. The photos do not show the intricate lacy pattern she has. Posted the 2nd one of her (behind rooster) to try & show her colour better but niether are good. So what is she do you think? I am quite happy with whatever but I was interested as she was sold as Aracauna? Thanks

Idk, but your rooster looks almost identical to the one i had, except he had a big pea comb! With that combo you should have beautiful babies! Do you know the color? I have been asking all around with no success. I thought mine was a silver, he was a white and black chick.

if it is from the cuckoo marans cross. I think generally with barred crosses the female has a rounder dot on its head and the males are larger and more irregular sometimes even making them look a littlke different color.
her is a pic of my crele penedesenca. male is in the front 

Thanks Cooper!

My chicks are only week old But the black one has a rust face and the dot is small & edges are crisp. Ihope you are right cause then it would be a she :D

Idk, but your rooster looks almost identical to the one i had, except he had a big pea comb! With that combo you should have beautiful babies! Do you know the color? I have been asking all around with no success. I thought mine was a silver, he was a white and black chick.
Hi, my rooster is mainly cochin, mum was blue cochin, dad was cochin X so colour is a mixture, he is no particular colour. He is 12 years old & incredibly gentle. I did recently hatch an egg from him and the Aracauna? -I just rehomed the offspring as was a rooster but he was white, black flecks,feathered legs & the gold mantle - very handsome.

Back
Top Bottom