The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote: Your rooster is 12 YEARS OLD?
ep.gif

In the states EVEN pure breed Ameraucanas that don't meet the standard are EE..... If they are lacking a beard or muffs they are EE.... anything out of sorts makes them an EE. There are lots of EE running around here too
big_smile.png

well I'm just happy that the Australian standard accepts me, but one of my hens laid a green egg, do the colors change every day lol or is one just not the lavender layer.

Last edited:
The American standard does not include birds with crests, and lavender is not an accepted color.... yet. Your girls are closer to what we call Ameraucana, with the beards and muffs. If you look up the Araucana breeders club, you will see that those birds have cheek tufts (larger feathers that stick out horizontally) and they are rumpless. The Australian standard looks to be quite different, but if I could get birds like yours I would. They are beautiful.

Breeders want to keep the nomenclature, and the lines, distinct. I have a pretty girl, that looks like a buff Ameraucana, except for a tiny bit of partridge on a couple of feathers. She is the offspring of a pure Buff Am crossed with a pure Wheaten Am, but technically, she's an EE, and that's what the breeder called her.

These girls are half sisters, both from purebred mothers and the same pure father, but one is an EE!

oh O.K, so different countries, different rules. Got it and yes ive looked up the American Araucana Club and the Australian one and my hens fit into the Australian class but not the American as you said they are not rumples and dont have muffs.
One more question, are there any breed of chickens that have muffs like a EE but dont lay colored eggs? My neighbor has these hens (mixed breed) they have muffs and they look like EE's but they dont lay colored eggs and she said they are not EE's but she doesn't know what breed they are.

oh O.K, so different countries, different rules. Got it and yes ive looked up the American Araucana Club and the Australian one and my hens fit into the Australian class but not the American as you said they are not rumples and dont have muffs.
One more question, are there any breed of chickens that have muffs like a EE but dont lay colored eggs? My neighbor has these hens (mixed breed) they have muffs and they look like EE's but they dont lay colored eggs and she said they are not EE's but she doesn't know what breed they are.
Salmon Faverolles have muffs and a beard but lay creamy whitish eggs. They also have 5 toes so if your neighbor's girls have 5 toes that would be a big hint. It's also possible for some EEs to lay non-colored eggs. If their lineage gets too far away from the Ameraucana they can lay white, brown, tinted, or pretty much any other color.

I have a couple of pullets that I bought over the weekend. I thought they were EE's now, I'm not so sure. They looked quite a bit like my one EE, but now I think the smaller one might be a light brown leghorn. Not sure about the blue. What do you more veteran chickeners say?

I have a couple of pullets that I bought over the weekend. I thought they were EE's now, I'm not so sure. They looked quite a bit like my one EE, but now I think the smaller one might be a light brown leghorn. Not sure about the blue. What do you more veteran chickeners say? 

What types of combs do they have? Could be parented by an EE and mixed with another breed.

Back
Top Bottom