The EE braggers thread!!!

You can make a good guess at hatch by the size of the head spots.  But once the barring starts showing you can tell for sure.  See the blue 3rd from the left.... see the barring how WHITE he looks compared to the others? Pullets are not that well barred.  They only have one copy of the barring gene.  The roos have 2 so kinda twice as much barring will show.  Send me some pics if you want and I will make some guesses for you.

Okay, here they are... 3 week old BARRED ROCKS.

I think this one may be a pullet. Not much barring yet, smaller head spot.

This looks like a cockerel, bright barring, larger diffuse head spot.

And this one...IDK, barring is bright but head spot is smaller...be nice if it was a girl but I'm leaning towards boy.

PS- sorry the pix are so bad :rolleyes:

Here are my new ee babies...dad is the Ameraucana in my avatar & mom is a Cuckoo Maran, A Dark Cornish, or a Buff Orpington.  Any thoughts on what colors they'll be when they grow up?  These pix are at 2 days old..I will take more [better ones] this weekend @ 2 weeks.

Okay, here are updated pix....not sure but the yellow chick looks ...strange, not barred, but??? Does that mean boy?

it was time for a new basket for storing eggs! found this one at a yard sale for 50 cents.

Blu's "camo" green eggs are always different... she's still working out the kinks I guess... they are often speckled and sometimes they have a strange second uneven coating.

Here is one of the girls? I hope :)

Here is the dot head boy...can see the barring showing up now.....he also has feathered shanks. Strange since my marans has clean legs. They all seem to have willow legs too.

it was time for a new basket for storing eggs! found this one at a yard sale for 50 cents.

Blu's "camo" green eggs are always different... she's still working out the kinks I guess... they are often speckled and sometimes they have a strange second uneven coating.
Oh that is a beautiful basket of eggs! I'm going to get some Ameraucanas this year for those pretty blue eggs! Yours look really blue! So many I've seen have been very pale, barely there or really more a pale green than blue. How do I know I'll get really nice blue ones?

Back
Top Bottom