The End of day 21

Are any of the unhatched eggs externally pipped? If not then it's fine to open the incubator. If they are and you are concerned about opening the incubator you can steam up your bathroom by running a hot shower, take your incubator in there to open it and remove the hatched chicks.

I live in a pretty humid climate so I'm never overly concerned about opening my incubator, even if there are chicks in the process of hatching, but if your climate is very dry then it's more of an issue.

Wait! The chicks can last up to 48 hours before needing food or water but obviously the sooner the better . However you want all hatched and dry before you open the incubater
I have the Nature Right 360 incubator that has the rotating egg turner. I took mine out within minutes because it looked like this could easily injure the new born should a leg get caught under the rotating turner. What is the alleged harm by removing them early?

Are any of the unhatched eggs externally pipped? If not then it's fine to open the incubator. If they are and you are concerned about opening the incubator you can steam up your bathroom by running a hot shower, take your incubator in there to open it and remove the hatched chicks.

I live in a pretty humid climate so I'm never overly concerned about opening my incubator, even if there are chicks in the process of hatching, but if your climate is very dry then it's more of an issue.
Thanks alot

I have a different question and ot won't let me make a new thread.
Can I safely move unhatched eggs to my incubator. I have existing eggs hatching right now, same type chickens. My hen has 8 eggs unhatched. She decided to take her chicks away from the eggs.. she has 3 with her.

Back
Top Bottom