The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

1muttsfan, i've looked at all the things I could do and it appears that lime sort of compacts and hardens the muddy areas. I think it's too expensive for any kind of drain system.

The ground here is rock hard. So the water MOL sits on top for a long time. But I've never ever seen grass like this! Grass loves it. No one uses a sprinkler here either.

Knowing she's a Florida horse, is why I suggested a blanket on those extra cold nights. Socks can be put on the legs too. I wasn't suggesting it be kept on permanently. Shivering is not a good thing. It can take 2-3 winters for people, and animals to acclimate to those type temperatures, especially when never having been previously exposed to them. Age needs to be taken into consideration too. Older animals tend to need a bit more pampering during extreme temps. Even old chickens can appreciate a bit of extra warmth when temps are extremely cold.

Well the guy ships from Florida with heat pass etc. One day shipping. Birds are fine. I was a bit reluctant. He's the Gouldian guy.
Those are very colorful finches. :)

I remember about 30 years ago Stromberg would Shi and sell nearly every type of critter and bird. I always wish I had held onto a catalog. Getting a black bear cub or squirrel through the mail was an odd concept to me.

The big and the small of it. Bash compared to Aimee-I think she is about as big as his foot, but 10x as feisty as any of the Brahmas other than maybe Cora or BJ. Gosh, Aimee, Penny and Aubrey will be 10 years old in April, I think. And Hector and Bash will be 4 years old already, wow. Bash is so sweet. I had to do this twice because the first pic was bad. He is just so calm and easygoing.
DSC06223.JPG
DSC06225.JPG

The big and the small of it. Bash compared to Aimee-I think she is about as big as his foot, but 10x as feisty as any of the Brahmas other than maybe Cora or BJ. Gosh, Aimee, Penny and Aubrey will be 10 years old in April, I think. And Hector and Bash will be 4 years old already, wow. Bash is so sweet. I had to do this twice because the first pic was bad. He is just so calm and easygoing.
View attachment 2008011View attachment 2008012
That's a big difference. That's a lot of rooster to be holding. He's so calm about it too. What a good boy. Aimee is a gorgeous little bird. What color is she?

She looks so grumpy, and beautiful at the same time. :)
She can be grumpy, at least with the other hens! But, I love that girl. I love tough hens.
That's a big difference. That's a lot of rooster to be holding. He's so calm about it too. What a good boy. Aimee is a gorgeous little bird. What color is she?
Aimee is Mille Fleur Belgian D'Anver. She is laying right now, too. That is a spunky little gal, full of energy all the time.

The bath bombs my son has sent me twice....this has the name/scent of each one at the bottom:
https://www.lifearound2angels.com/ui/products/bath-bombs/product.html?code=BB12SA1

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom