The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I went to the site. My, those look so nice, and some have very interesting fragrance names too.

They are so nice and moisturizing. And the bathroom smells wonderful for hours afterward.

Bash is huge, and beautiful too. Aimee looks like a chicken nugget with feathers compared to him. I like her coloring. BJ doesn't seem to mind you holding her, but that camera better behave, or else.

You have BJ's number! She's a no nonsense kind of gal. She makes this bizarre rough sounding protest when I pick her up, then she gets so quiet. She really is a good girl, but those others had better behave or else! I wish more Darks had hatched with her. She was the only one out of 10 that hatched and the last one to hatch of all 21 (hence, the name BJ for Blackjack), plus she was so humongous, largest chick in the brooder. I thought for sure I had a cockerel there. But, none of her eggs have ever hatched or even been fertile (or maybe just didn't develop) as far as I know.

I have issues with the way people house their animals, or rather, barely house them. The guy who logged our land is a super nice man, like him a lot, good as gold, but he's an old farmer type and a poultry hoarder/collector. He has large fowl, bantams, guineas, peafowl, ducks, geese, all by a semi-main road we live off of, not fenced from the road at all, some in dog kennels with no shelter, no wind barriers, etc. It's a hodgepodge of pens, an actual constructed shelter or two, dog houses, kennels with roost bars across corners, etc. Day before yesterday, we drove by and I saw two ducks, one black and white and one sort of brownish mottled, waddling together across the yard not far from the road.
Yesterday, we drove to town to mail something and the ducks were in the road, squashed, both facing the same way a few feet apart. It hurt me to see those sweet birds dead in the road. He has asked me if I had bantams and thankfully, I could truthfully tell him that mine are so old they rarely ever lay so I could not get him even hatching eggs. I decided I would never supply them with even eggs. I do not approve of the way he handles those animals and no telling where he gets them all. I'm sure he's ignorant of disease. I don't expect everyone to have a huge steel barn, however at least provide breaks from the wind and rain, geez! Ladyhawk's nasty neighbor would always have his chickens in those dog pens with zero shelter, a roost across it and they would literally freeze on the roost (this is Northern KY).

You are not the only person that has trouble dealing with the way some people don't provide, and care for their animals properly. They don't need the Taj Mahal, but they do need, and should have certain basics. I wouldn't knowingly sell to anyone that I suspected of not being able to provide those basics, let alone to someone that I knew would not. I don't blame you a bit.

Just found out that my nextdoor neighbor, Mark Wilson, died back in September. As always, no one told us. I knew he had kidney cancer, learned that a few years back, and I suspected he was no longer around since I see strangers coming and going all the time and haven't seen him in a long, long time. :hmm

I'm sad. I can't find my 2020 BYC calendar! I don't remember getting it, but I'm sure it must have come in the mail. I always have my BYC calendar, bummer. I'll have to tear my house apart to find it, I guess. I wish I had a clear memory of it arriving and me opening the envelope! Sucks getting old. Maybe I'm just distracted. Yeah, we'll go with that.

I'm sad. I can't find my 2020 BYC calendar! I don't remember getting it, but I'm sure it must have come in the mail. I always have my BYC calendar, bummer. I'll have to tear my house apart to find it, I guess. I wish I had a clear memory of it arriving and me opening the envelope! Sucks getting old. Maybe I'm just distracted. Yeah, we'll go with that.
Oh no, I hope you find it. :fl

Back
Top Bottom