The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Ours was late, so Tom had to wait around for an extra 30 minutes. They substituted a few things, but they subbed better stuff for the same price so it's all good. Funny thing-I bought a dozen regular large eggs and they had to sub Eggland's Best Organic Cage Free brown eggs for that $1.20. Mine are still better than those, ha!

Chris said:
Well, my June 12 English Language Arts teacher certification exam was canceled due to Coronavirus, so I had to reschedule it for July 18 and change locations.
Sadly, this means the results won't come out until AFTER school starts. I'm not sure if this will terminate my position or not. I have informed the principal, but I'm still waiting to hear back.
Then, he added later today:
*I spoke with the school admin. She said Gwinnett Co. has just put a hiring freeze in place for new teachers. However, she said they already submitted my application, and since the school CAN NOT cut their ESOL program due to the school's majority ESL population, she thinks my job is safe. She also said she's never seen Gwinnett retroactively put a freeze on a job that's already been offered before it went into effect.*

Chris says he's trying to keep his mind occupied and stay away from Mr. Grumpy, aka, his brother.

Last night was horrible, worst winds we've had here in years. Roofing is off the large former coop nearest the barn and today, Emily is crowing. And I mean actual crowing, not just the caterwauling that Cora and Aimee do for attention (which sounds almost like a cow mooing), or that Maxie, the Mouth of the South, one of my first Delawares, did. Sounded like a teenage rooster. She's done it once before, but not in a long time.

BUT, let's not lose our sense of humor. One of those 'if you don't laugh, you might cry' things for many of us...this is family friendly, unlike some:

Last edited:
Not glad about the winds, or the damage, but I guess if a roof just had to go, it's better that it was on the former coop, than any of the current ones.

As to the crowing hens, it must be something in the water. Sorry, I just had to poke a bit of fun at that. I would imagine when the weather settles down, so will the girls. At least, we can hope that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom