The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Cynthia, I am trying to figure out a way to slow time here. I will let you know when I find something that works. For now, I watch the boys reach each milestone with pride, but I can hear myself shouting"slow down, slow down!" in my mind. It's not that I don't want them to grow up... just maybe not so quickly.

You most certainly DO NOT look like you're old enough to have a 40 year old son! Beautiful picture!!

BTW--- seeing your chicks gave me chick fever. I put 22 eggs in my incubator, EE mostly who already have takers if they are pullets. Day 7 candle last night showed all 22 right where they should be. I might be up to my ears in chicks in 14 days!

Cynthia, I am trying to figure out a way to slow time here. I will let you know when I find something that works. For now, I watch the boys reach each milestone with pride, but I can hear myself shouting"slow down, slow down!" in my mind. It's not that I don't want them to grow up... just maybe not so quickly.

You most certainly DO NOT look like you're old enough to have a 40 year old son! Beautiful picture!!

BTW--- seeing your chicks gave me chick fever. I put 22 eggs in my incubator, EE mostly who already have takers if they are pullets. Day 7 candle last night showed all 22 right where they should be. I might be up to my ears in chicks in 14 days!

Well, I am rarely a bad influence, right? I don't often hatch chicks unless I have a broody. So, you can just blame Bonnie and Brandy for this one!

Cyn, you are lovely
1f60a.png
, but even more so inside where it really counts.

As far as hatching, we had sleet and freezing rain overnight which change to snow this morning at 8:30 and since have had over 10 inches plus it's still snowing like crazy. Winter is back. Not tempted by chicks At All.

Cyn, you are lovely
1f60a.png
, but even more so inside where it really counts.

As far as hatching, we had sleet and freezing rain overnight which change to snow this morning at 8:30 and since have had over 10 inches plus it's still snowing like crazy. Winter is back. Not tempted by chicks At All.

You are a real peach, Mary. Thank you. I just can't believe I'm 60 years old. It's insane. I don't feel like it, that's for sure.

Oh, weather, yup, we got that. Sorry I'm late replying to your comment, but it was due to the weather! Due to violent storms and whatever happened locally, our power went out about 5:30 p.m. yesterday and was not restored until around 4 a.m. this morning. Even before that, the modems, TVs, computers, etc, were all turned off because, even with the power backup/surge protectors, we've lost equipment.

The Post Office DRUGGIES need to keep their paws off my bean seeds! Yup, I sent about 25 heirloom Greasy Short Cut pole bean seeds from my own last season's crop to my friend, Robin Weesner. I put them in a small envelope, marked it exactly what it was on the front, then put that in a larger business size envelope and mailed it from here to SC.

Some yahoo in the P.O. opened the envelope and STOLE a good number of the bean seeds! WTH? They probably thought they were pills and had hit paydirt. But, it's not my understanding that any old P.O. employee has the right to open a package "just because". And if they found the bean seeds, saw they were not drugs, why TAKE a bunch of them? *I just heard in my head Obi Wan Kenobi say, "These are not the drugs you're looking for". THIEVES!

I hope they get a good tummy ache from those magical beans. You can't trust anyone anymore unfortunately, being an honorable citizen isn't in fashion anymore.

I hope they get a good tummy ache from those magical beans. You can't trust anyone anymore unfortunately, being an honorable citizen isn't in fashion anymore.
Me, too. I mean, I'm not stupid. If I was going to mail pills to someone, don't you think I'd put them in something less obvious? And the jerk who opened the envelope needs to be fired, but the sad thing is that the P.O. is full of lowlifes who don't do their jobs, skip out on delivery days, throw packages out in the rain, etc. My local P.O. carrier is great, but the new folks they've gotten in since we lived here are more like city DMV clerks, very rude and no pride in their work. I told my carrier, Mike, that I dread the say he retires...and he can't be far from it.

But if you hear I went to the Big House, it was for mailing bean seeds over state lines....oh, wait! This isn't California, where if you breathe over the state line, they arrest you.

Last edited:
My long time mail carriers retired a few years ago too. The new young guy grunts a lot and doesn't like getting out of his car if possible.

My friends husband left his wedding ring in a hotel. The hotel mailed it back to him. The envelope was empty when it arrived at their house. So apparently there are lots of thieves getting paid good government money.

My long time mail carriers retired a few years ago too. The new young guy grunts a lot and doesn't like getting out of his car if possible.

My friends husband left his wedding ring in a hotel. The hotel mailed it back to him. The envelope was empty when it arrived at their house. So apparently there are lots of thieves getting paid good government money.
Yup. My father mailed me a gift and it was missing when the packaging arrived. But, once I put a diamond ring in a platinum setting in a plain white envelope with no disguising packing around it, no joke (long story I won't go into), and mailed it and it actually arrived at the destination! But, the seed stealing has flummoxed me. I don't get it. So, the druggie postal worker is a gardener who loves heirloom veggies? SMH.

I hope you reported it to your local postmaster. While it may not help in this individual situation, you never know. There may have been enough complaints already, so they open an investigation. Even if there are not enough complaints yet, it will add one more, so eventually they will start checking things out.

Back
Top Bottom