The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

What a wonderful slice of heaven your place looks to be. I see no lawn requiring mowing? That's all we do all summer is mow the lawn. It would be nice not to have to.

The chicks are adorable, and the older ones are looking good.

Oh, the pasture must be mowed and the area around the compost pile, but we don't do "lawn" around here, not really.

Oh and I have never heard of field peas except for feeding cows, must be regional?

I don't know. I remember blackeyed peas, English peas and crowder peas growing up.

I agree! Beautiful property. How I wish for mountains. Or even foot hills!

We haven't had any ripe tomatoes here yet. Zuchini all seem to be dying off. Probably a borer unfortunately. Lots of cucumbers though!

Thanks. I wish we were about 200 ft higher, even, than we are. I could not live at a lower elevation anymore.

Atlas's women (except for Tessa, who is enjoying not sitting in a nest in 100* heat index). Then, the new chicks and the almost 12 week olds.My pics never upload in the order I put them there for some reason.
***for those who know this stuff, compare the two cockerels for me. I think that Drew has a too-small head, almost like Zara. I do believe he is Wynette's-check out her head vs Ida's, who was Apollo's mother. But, I thought Zara was Ida's, too, though now, I'm not all that sure. Note: that is not a hump on Hector's son, but that ridge of feathers that wants to stand up sometimes, mid-back***

DSC04844.JPG
DSC04845.JPG
DSC04846.JPG
DSC04847.JPG
DSC04858.JPG
DSC04848.JPG
DSC04849.JPG
DSC04854.JPG
DSC04855.JPG

Off topic:
A comment was made on my video, a woman whose name I know I've seen harassing other people on YouTube that I follow there. She's typical of the "judge not" type who is super judgemental herself, but cannot see it. On one video, I mentioned my SIL's husband having a sudden heart attack due to his tobacco use, among other family members dying from it recently. The cardiologist sees him outside smoking just afterward and says to him, "put that down, you just had a heart attack!". I've had relatives that told their kids that if they were not allowed to smoke at the kids' homes, they would not come visit. Well, I say that says where you heart is, what you love, and that is my opinion. Trust me, I know how hard this addiction is, close up and personal, from our parents and other relatives trying to kick it.I'm not unsympathetic to this!

So, this woman says I am judgemental, that that is why I have few subscribers. Apparently, she didn't listen to the one where I say I am not wanting to be a YouTube star, that I have the channel for BYC, first of all, and I am also using it to educate and entertain folks a little bit in several areas, but I never, EVER used it as a religious channel, though I am a woman of faith, nor did I speak of addiction in a sin context, which I don't think of it in at all. I do not monetize my channel because I don't want ads on it that I don't approve of, plain and simple. I am not looking to be a professional YouTube-er.

This is her comment, or one of them, the other one was the typical "judge not" one. And she means "Patara", not "Petra", of Appalachia's Homestead with Patara.

that's sad for you to think the way you do. your not the judge. that's why I unsubscribed from Petra I don't see that in the person who recommended your channel. I won't be subscribing to your channel. that's probably why your membership is so low. you've only talked crap about others. that's sad. I pray God changes your attitude. some one needs to. your negativity is a drain. just saying

I told her that the only negativity was hers and that if she could not be constructive, to back right on out of my channel. What is wrong with people? Is a doctor telling this man to quit smoking for his health being judgemental? REALLY? I have watched people DIE all around me and how can I not be affected by that? This is my FAMILY! I'm going to have to put out a video and not allow comments and address this type of thinking, that if you say anything besides "happy happy joy joy", you are negative. This ain't a Disney movie, lady.

Can't you block her from your channel? Who needs people like that? I had a real meanie at my office not that long ago, who due to things we could not control was unhappy. She was treated with the utmost respect and offered several options, but still bad mouthed us afterwards as she was upset with only herself to blame. Makes me feel ready to retire right on the spot, and had my staff upset as well.

Can't you block her from your channel? Who needs people like that? I had a real meanie at my office not that long ago, who due to things we could not control was unhappy. She was treated with the utmost respect and offered several options, but still bad mouthed us afterwards as she was upset with only herself to blame. Makes me feel ready to retire right on the spot, and had my staff upset as well.

Yes, I can, but I answered her so maybe she'd see it, deleted one other comment and if she persists, I will delete her snowflake bum from my channel. The ones who do subscribe don't need to be subjected to her.

Your channel, your opinion, she can go somewhere else if she doesn't like what you are saying. That's the beauty of being in America.

The world seems to have gotten more nasty since everyone can give their opinion on the internet. No one learns to hold their tongue or how to be polite.

I don't mind dissenting opinions, and I can handle that, but her comments and the tone of them were over the top, not just that "I don't think you should tell anyone to quit smoking", but it was that I was judgemental and not right with God if I said anything about it. Guess that mean old doctor was judgemental, too, eh?

Lisa, you were a smoker and you quit (good for you! I am very happy that you may live much longer because of it). You know how hard it is and I know how hard it is, from being addicted to sugar for a long time and going cold turkey for 20 years, as well as watching folks, including my best friend, try to quit smoking over and over again. I know and I'm sympathetic to the difficulty. But, you don't think I'm a bad person because I care about my family enough to urge them to quit, especially in the midst of them dropping like flies.

I haven't even checked Youtube lately today because I just got back from having a root from a broken off tooth extracted and just popped a "heavy duty" painkiller. If she has come back and been a naughty wench, she will be deleted.

I totally understand your point, and I see nothing wrong with how you said it. Perhaps she hasn't seen people dying because of it. Don't waste your energy on negative energy, all you get is tired.

Sorry about your tooth. I went to the dentist on Tuesday for a cleaning and ended up with a filling. My mouth is still sore, I don't like going to the dentist one bit. Hopefully you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom