The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I am glad to hear she's improving, hope is always good.

Today I received a box full of winter weather gear from a wonderful and nice lady. Thank you so much C. I will be a little less frozen once the cold stuff sets in. They are all wonderfully crafted. You are amazing.

I am glad to hear she's improving, hope is always good.

Today I received a box full of winter weather gear from a wonderful and nice lady. Thank you so much C. I will be a little less frozen once the cold stuff sets in. They are all wonderfully crafted. You are amazing.

You are very welcome. I'd be a popsicle in Wisconsin! I lived in Dayton, Ohio for almost 12 years and I remember it all too well. It's not nearly as cold as cheese country!

Betsy ate more baby cereal tonight. And I got poop out of the cage twice today that was still mostly blue-green, but it was not just liquid like we've seen for days. Something must be getting through, even just a little. If she can hang on and not lose a fatal amount of weight, maybe we can get her back on track.

You really can't appreciate the winter until you have felt your face literally freeze, and you develop snot-cycles, sorry if that's gross. It gets wicked cold here. :idunno

oh, I remember that feeling of the inside of your nose freezing. I've lived in Utah, Colorado and Ohio. Ohio was the worst. I'd go out west in the dry cold any day over Ohio.

Up to round 34 on my mandala throw. Each round takes longer as the circle increases so it's slower to get through each round now.

oh, I remember that feeling of the inside of your nose freezing. I've lived in Utah, Colorado and Ohio. Ohio was the worst. I'd go out west in the dry cold any day over Ohio.
But yet I enjoy our climate, I am less suited for the heat, the cold fits me better. I cannot comprehend a dry climate, there's always humidity here, in the winter, dry is 40-50% humidity. A lady in Colorado says they have 0% humidity, they must be itchy, and dry there, I have never felt no humidity.

But yet I enjoy our climate, I am less suited for the heat, the cold fits me better. I cannot comprehend a dry climate, there's always humidity here, in the winter, dry is 40-50% humidity. A lady in Colorado says they have 0% humidity, they must be itchy, and dry there, I have never felt no humidity.

I would say I am more like you, Lisa. I hate hot, humid weather. I remember walking down the sidewalk in Aurora, Colorado from our apartment to the convenience store at 0* and not feeling all that cold. That's what dry will do for you, but I was very young and my skin much oilier than it is now. The dryness would probably be different now at my age, though powdery snow is easier to deal with than wet, heavy snow.

I hate cold. And really dislike snow, except looking at it on the mountains. I couldn’t live somewhere like that lol. Where I live in Utah the winter isn’t too bad, less snow than even just 15 minutes north. We’ve got some hills to the west that make most storms go right around our neighborhood. I have a pic shortly after we moved here, in early March, of my kids playing in the backyard in shorts and T-shirt’s on a beautiful sunny day. We still get some days down around 0*, but not much. It’s a beautiful 59* and sunny right now.
28BEB271-9562-4EA9-92C7-CDA339039D29.jpeg

I hate cold. And really dislike snow, except looking at it on the mountains. I couldn’t live somewhere like that lol. Where I live in Utah the winter isn’t too bad, less snow than even just 15 minutes north. We’ve got some hills to the west that make most storms go right around our neighborhood. I have a pic shortly after we moved here, in early March, of my kids playing in the backyard in shorts and T-shirt’s on a beautiful sunny day. We still get some days down around 0*, but not much. It’s a beautiful 59* and sunny right now.
View attachment 1187695

I did love the mountains, which is why I ended up in the mountains here, though these are much older than the ones out west and worn down over time. The last time we lived in Utah, that last winter, we got about 100" of snow. It just piled up and up and up and we didn't see our yard for months. We had snow walls on either side of the driveway, but the kids still wore shorts to the bus stop along with their jackets.

Very nice yard and view, Kara.

We get maybe 30" of snow a year at my house. I love this area. Lake to the East, mountains to the West (really all around lol), and very few people live South of us. About 12 minutes from "town". About as rural as we can get in this city. I could not go back to living closer to a city. I had to drive around Salt Lake valley for appointments today for baby and me (strep, yay! :p ) and I was thinking the whole time how awful it was, ugly and crowded and the traffic is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom