The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Woo Hoo!!!! I just got back home with the Tucker Milling Feed. I am happy to report that are they gobbling it up! I am one happy chicken momma!
celebrate.gif
Thank you again for the info on the Tucker Milling Feed. The feed store that had it was on this little pig trail off my beaten path but when I went inside it was a wonderland of feed and medicine. I am so grateful to have another resource for supplies now.

That's awesome! Mine have always thrived on that feed. Did you get the grower or the mini pellets?

That's awesome! Mine have always thrived on that feed. Did you get the grower or the mini pellets?

I got the grower because they are only about 21 weeks old and Snickers, our little pullet, is not showing any signs of being anywhere near ready to lay. From everything I have read on the Bantam Orpington thread, Chocolates are very slow to develop anyway but I am hoping since they were eating with such gusto this feed will help bring them up to speed. I will definitely get the mini-pellets next time.

Did Deacon behave himself today?

I got the grower because they are only about 21 weeks old and Snickers, our little pullet, is not showing any signs of being anywhere near ready to lay. From everything I have read on the Bantam Orpington thread, Chocolates are very slow to develop anyway but I am hoping since they were eating with such gusto this feed will help bring them up to speed. I will definitely get the mini-pellets next time.

Did Deacon behave himself today?
He was stuck in Atlas's old pen with Sammie Jo so he couldn't get into much trouble, LOL. We're looking for a new vehicle tomorrow so he'll be in his cage most of the day then, all alone, since I can't trust him to behave himself. When Rachel's chicks hatch, I'll move her out and he and Sammie will live in that coop and I'll not have much trouble from the Deacon.

Last edited:
Glad to hear the good news about the feed mill.

BTW, I was sorry to hear about Rex. A good rooster is a treasure.

Thank you, he sure was a treasure. All my boys are. Sure miss my Rex. Atlas's crow in the main coop is LOUD! It's deeper than his dad's, but he sure gets the volume up over that monitor. May move it to Isaac's side.

I am exhausted. We bought a vehicle for the first time in 15 years-I posted on another thread about it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/690271/stellas-social-club/17930#post_14634255

Sunday is Rachel's Day 20! I candled when we got back late and Tom got her off the nest to poop. Rowena's chick is in the aircell! Exciting! Atlas's first babies are almost here. What scares me is she's a first timer and I've had them kill chicks like they were alien invaders. I'm hoping that her being raised by a broody herself will somehow click in her brain and she'll remember and act accordingly.

Dottie was clucking today. She'd better watch that stuff-I have too much going on to put up with another broody right now. Her sisters, Ida and Wynette and her daughter Druscilla, are following that new guy around a lot now. Hey, he looks just like them, their kind of man! So, he's a happy camper right now, all those adoring barred women at his beck and call.

Last edited:
I know you can hardly wait for those little peepers....so exciting. Love your SUV...looks almost new. I know we're going to have to start looking for a new car soon and I hate the idea. I try my best to stay out of the dealerships and let my DH do the looking and comparing.

I know you can hardly wait for those little peepers....so exciting. Love your SUV...looks almost new. I know we're going to have to start looking for a new car soon and I hate the idea. I try my best to stay out of the dealerships and let my DH do the looking and comparing.
Thanks. I've never owned a Honda or an SUV. We had hit the time when it was time to bite the bullet, but the confusion! Ack! Hope it doesn't disappoint. Those seem to have good resale value at least.

Cyn.,
I have a Honda Crv and dearly love it. It has almost 70,000 miles on it and not a bit of trouble, I did get it scraped by another cars door and the spot has gotten rusty. That is my fault for not repainting the spot. When I trade again I would get another CRV. It is allwheel drive and climbs these mtn roads easily. Because it is small though it can be a rougher ride than a larger car. I still prefer it though. Nice looking van.

I hope she surprises you, and is the best mama ever!
Thank you, I hope so, too!

Cyn.,
I have a Honda Crv and dearly love it. It has almost 70,000 miles on it and not a bit of trouble, I did get it scraped by another cars door and the spot has gotten rusty. That is my fault for not repainting the spot. When I trade again I would get another CRV. It is allwheel drive and climbs these mtn roads easily. Because it is small though it can be a rougher ride than a larger car. I still prefer it though. Nice looking van.
Awesome!! Agreed that it would ride differently than my larger, longer Lumina sedan or Tom's humongous truck, but any new vehicle takes getting used to. As long as it gets similar gas mileage to my Lumina, I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom