The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

That's happened a few times here, too. Wynette and Neela both squashed their first chicks. And so did Dottie, and you recall what a wonderful broody Dottie was, I'm sure. She raised our Atlas and his sisters. But, we called Dottie "Bigfoot" because if an egg was not made of iron, it was smashed.

Check out these beauties. Not my birds, but the owner may "possibly" have some chicks available when I get my other chicks this spring. Nothing concrete but if she has some I want some.... !!!

img_6922-copy-jpg.1246965

Yah...I'm up for some "yard candy". I love having a variety of colors and types. That's why I loved the appearance of the SFH. Like that proverbial "box of chocolates"...and all colors were acceptable for the breed. You didn't have to separate colors out. Just SFH and what they produced. Too bad they are such trouble-makers. High energy kiddos.

I've always wondered if I kept only SFH if there would be more peace.

Geez, I'm blanking out on what SHF is! I've been working on three different quilt projects at once today, in between checking on Maretta and letting different groups of birds out, and coughing my head off, feeling almost like I have pneumonia, etc. I guess my brain is fried, no burnt to a crisp!

My quilts in progress, one I think will be a twin size, a queen size for my own bed (Buttercup quilt) plus I finished the hand quilting on the table topper. (Sue, it will be Monday, most likely, before I get that item out to you).
DSC01033.JPG
DSC01037.JPG
DSC01038.JPG

SFH=swedish flower hen I believe. Quilts are gorgeous. You have a good eye for colors.

Of course! Gah, why couldn't I think of that? Brain damage, I guess. Thanks, Lisa.

on the quilts, the pieced border on the Buttercup quilt may be a tad dark, but then, it's a border/frame. And it's going on my own bed anyway. Thanks for the compliment.

Back
Top Bottom