The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Temps in 60s here but heavy rain. That, on top of about 13" of snow is causing flooding. I made a trip today that usually takes about 45 min round. Took me 3 hours round because I kept hitting impassible water over the roads. Did a lot of zig zagging on the east/west and north/south roads till I finally got home.

I don't keep stupid roosters either, they are a PITA. I'm not sure why so many people want to try to keep an aggressive rooster. I can't wait until they get in the freezer.

I'm currently waiting on a particular young stupid turkey Tom to misplace his head as soon as it warms a bit. I'm tired of watching my back and carrying a stick.

Temps in 60s here but heavy rain. That, on top of about 13" of snow is causing flooding. I made a trip today that usually takes about 45 min round. Took me 3 hours round because I kept hitting impassible water over the roads. Did a lot of zig zagging on the east/west and north/south roads till I finally got home.

Scary! You be careful if you have to do that again.

I don't keep stupid roosters either, they are a PITA. I'm not sure why so many people want to try to keep an aggressive rooster. I can't wait until they get in the freezer.

I'm currently waiting on a particular young stupid turkey Tom to misplace his head as soon as it warms a bit. I'm tired of watching my back and carrying a stick.

Life's WAY too short for that!

Oh, I sold two quilts and a table runner over the last 24 hours. So, I got to order a little more fabric for more, yippee! Feast or famine sometimes. Those things have been in my cabinet for quite awhile now. Now, I'll have room for more and not have to move to give them their own bedroom.

I find it's better to raise them right, than try to fix aggression, they seem to be unable to learn after a certain age. Stupid you can't fix. I like peace and harmony too here. Well bred birds tend to have a better temperament.

Sigh. It took me a long time to get smart enough not to put up with crap. From hens or roos. I've clearly decided not to tolerate hens that stir up trouble either. Trying to fix it has been like trying to reform a teenager that doesn't want to be reformed.
Life's WAY too short for that!

Oh, I sold two quilts and a table runner over the last 24 hours. So, I got to order a little more fabric for more, yippee! Feast or famine sometimes. Those things have been in my cabinet for quite awhile now. Now, I'll have room for more and not have to move to give them their own bedroom.
Was it the patriotic table runner? I think that's the one I saw?

I definitely want that turkey gone. He's removed my enjoyment of my turkeys. I will go back to my 3 older behaved toms.

Didn't you have a couple strange vehicles showing up last year too? Hope it's not the same people. Glad the dogs left.

I wonder if it was the insurance company. We got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that within the next 60 days they would be out to photograph the outside of the house. I don't like anyone coming around when I don't know they're here, though, for any reason.

@Leah's Mom, the runner was my hand quilted patriotic table runner.
This one:
DSCN2216.JPG
DSCN7313.JPG

I used that last photo as the cover/logo for my FB page:
DSCN7313BLROO.jpg

Last edited:
I just sold (after Maretta dumps them) all six of Atlas and MaryJo's chicks. And that was after I explained the dwarf gene, how it works that these are all full siblings, etc. A man who lives near us and we think is related some way (his surname is the same as my FIL's middle name, a big family name in south GA), who bought three chicks from me not long ago-you may remember, he came up on an ATV to get them-he said he wants them. I asked if he was sure, that he already had related birds, and he said yup. Plus, a nice lady who bought a BR cockerel awhile back from me, not sure if he was Atlas, Apollo or Hector's son, jumped in to give us an endorsement and posted a photo of her boy, said she wants to be next in line if Mr. Mallard backs out. So, they're sold with a backup buyer already. I've never had that much interest in the BRs so fast! Maybe the right time of year.

Back
Top Bottom