The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Hope everyone down there makes it through this weather all right. We've been hammered with snow and extreme cold, but I'll take this anyday over ice and rain. Even when it's done, be aware of black ice underfoot. Spring, oh spring, where are you? :lol:

Hope everyone down there makes it through this weather all right. We've been hammered with snow and extreme cold, but I'll take this anyday over ice and rain. Even when it's done, be aware of black ice underfoot. Spring, oh spring, where are you?
lol.png
Spring is right here in the baby quilt I've been working on all day long:

Wow! That's really beautiful! Love the fabric with the birds. Someone's baby is going to have sweet, springtime dreams!

Thank you, I fell in love with these Waverly prints and had to have several of them. I made another with a different colorway of the bird print, too that is in process of quilting now.

Very pretty quilts! I've only made one quilt in my lifetime and done it all by hand. They're a lot of work. Are you making them for someone special?

Very pretty quilts! I've only made one quilt in my lifetime and done it all by hand. They're a lot of work. Are you making them for someone special?
One is on commission for my friend Ladyhawk's neighbor who is expecting a baby girl in late spring. I did one for her baby boy a couple of years ago. The others will be for sale on one of our Blue Roo Creations sites. But I'd do them anyway. I have to keep my hands occupied with something all the time.

I did everything by hand for almost 30 years, including piecing, but about 4 years ago, when I was still a moderator here, the mod squad was doing a quilt block swap in chicken theme and I was going to opt out due to my carpal tunnel. I'd all but given up on quilting then and didn't want to commit to that. Then, a sweet little Brother CS-6000i machine literally just showed up on my doorstep one day and they told me I had no excuse-one of the nicest gifts anyone has ever given me. I learned to use it to piece on and now I piece all my quilts with it, but I still do my quilting by hand. On the baby quilt, however, I'm breaking my tradition and learning to do some machine quilting so I can start turning out more, smaller pieces faster. I am quilting my own queen size bed quilt by hand, though, because I don't want to mess it up.

Back
Top Bottom