The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

The babies are growing up fast and getting prettier everyday. Sure hope everything goes well with your son.

My older son went to bat for his brother, who still doesn't know exactly what has transpired because he's on the bus from a hotel going back to the airport. Michael, who has 16,000 followers on Twitter, took to Twitter to blast United about the situation. A United rep contacted him and got Chris on a flight tonight back to Incheon! He's confirmed and when he arrives at the airport, probably in about an hour, he should find out. He's been left messages on FB and his phone, both. He will arrive Saturday night and should have Sunday to rest before going to work on Monday, though he'll be dead on his feet. I hope it all goes as planned and kudos to my older son for being a bulldog.

That's great news! That's the kind of brother everyone needs.

Fantastic news!! Big brothers are the best! Hoping all goes smoothly from here on out!

This is a post from Chris on FB:

Quote:
Hahahaha! WTG, Michael!
wee.gif
bow.gif

Wow!! I would like to know what Micheal told United too!! He definitely put on his superbrother cape today. :)

Ok, that last pic of the cold little girl is adorable. She looks like she knows she is posing. Have the cockrels started revealing their personalities to you yet?

Speckled Hen you have raised great sons to be proud of - it is really heartwarming that he went to bat for his brother. I don't tweet or text or any of that stuff but, I have to admit it gets ATTENTION FAST. I AM IMPRESSED.

Wow!! I would like to know what Micheal told United too!! He definitely put on his superbrother cape today. :)

Ok, that last pic of the cold little girl is adorable. She looks like she knows she is posing. Have the cockrels started revealing their personalities to you yet?
As far as Michael, he sure lit a fire under someone. He said he used some "choice words" with United.

I haven't spent enough time with the chicks to see yet. It's just been too cold and wet. I'm itching for warm, dry weather.

Speckled Hen you have raised great sons to be proud of - it is really heartwarming that he went to bat for his brother. I don't tweet or text or any of that stuff but, I have to admit it gets ATTENTION FAST. I AM IMPRESSED.
Who knew he could get stuff done. But, then, he is a general manager of a restaurant so he's used to managing people.

Last edited:
Two FB posts by my younger son:

Quote:
And this last one just now:

Quote: Whew! Sigh of relief here.

We got about 1/4" of snow overnight. Hopefully, will melt off by this afternoon. A BYC member is coming to pick up eggs from Atlas's ladies today, after he can get out of his driveway. More Atlas babies coming.

I wonder which of the chicks with Rachel are Dottie's. Usually, Dottie would throw pullets with an occasional male. I know for a fact that the one Andrew has belonged to Dottie, out of Rex, and though he is single barred, Andrew says his barring is very fine. If any are not as nicely barred in the group of five here, I'd say it probably belongs to Rachel, since she has the least precise barring of all the BR hens who came out of Rex and the Stukel Rock hens. Only one is hers and one is Rachel's, if you recall, so at least one male is Dottie's. I bet the cockerel with the super sharp barring is that one from Dottie.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom