The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Zara looks so much more mature than Thea. And that Mary is kind of a tank, isn't she
hide.gif

Zara looks so much more mature than Thea. And that Mary is kind of a tank, isn't she
hide.gif
Actually, both Mary and Jill, especially Mary, look much more mature than Thea. Thea is going to stay a small girl, I guess. I mean, she's 17 weeks old this week and she still looks like she's a month younger than that to me. She's the sweetest little angel in the world, though. Zara is not a whole lot bigger than Mary if you see them side by side-sometimes, I have to look closely to see who's in front of me with those two, though they are almost 2 months apart in age.

Zara is a bit smaller than Athena (2 weeks younger), but she has sharper barring and a very nice shape. She is going to end up with with Hector for sure. Athena, I'm not sure about yet. She may go with Atlas or she may go with Hector if someone gives Apollo a good home, but it will have to be a really good home because he deserves it. I'm afraid that Atlas will lose one or two of his hens soon and Athena already has hearts in her eyes for Atlas. He's still young enough that he does need a decent number of hens.

Maybe his lack of a tail is what is causing him to try and prove his manhood, er, roosterhood, at such a young age!
smile.png

Haha, well, he started his shenanigans way earlier than he would have had a tail. Actually, of late, he's been way calmer, hasn't dropped his wing to me or bitten me at all. And I try to go in every night and lay my hands on him somehow when he's on the roost to test him. He lets me rub his chest and back though he doesn't particularly care for petting much, so maybe he's getting wiser with age. But thankfully, wisdom doesn't come in when the tail does.

I went to the Dr. today. His office will be calling to schedule an appointment for surgical biopsy. More of the "hurry up, and wait" scenario.

Hector is still beautiful, and I would put him over two hens with the best barring. Just my opinion, of course.

I went to the Dr. today. His office will be calling to schedule an appointment for surgical biopsy. More of the "hurry up, and wait" scenario.

Hector is still beautiful, and I would put him over two hens with the best barring. Just my opinion, of course.
I know, I hate all the stuff surrounding doctor appts. Yes, I will have to put Thea is another pen and give Hector to Mary, Jill and Zara, maybe Athena, too, not sure about that.

Is Hectors head to big for his body?
Yes

I think his FEET are too big for his body
lol.png
- certainly his attitude is
.... and YES, LOL. If he grows into his head, feet and attitude, he'll be a great rooster! He ran up behind Apollo yesterday and ripped out an entire bunch of butt-fluff feathers, made him jump 2' in the air. He still has sweet Apollo buffaloed, that's for sure. But, he has decided that Xander and Rita are downright dangerous, so he does seem to have a few brain cells!

It's a weird day today. I have this odd, unsettled feeling, almost like I'm having an anxiety attack, sort of out of breath. Something is just off somewhere in my universe. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it's like something bad is coming and makes me want to RUN far, far away. Ever had those feelings?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom