The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Wow! That is a really weird egg! We have had a hen lay 2 eggs in one day on two occasions that I remember. Once, I saw her lay the second egg, and it was very soft-shelled. Maybe, if they lay two in one day, the egg is more likely to be a strange one
hu.gif

ETA: I hope Pooh-Bear perks up again!

She seems pretty good today and yesterday. Here is a video of her. She sure poured on the juice to catch up to Cora, didn't she?

0.jpg

Cora is reeeeeeally pretty hen. And Pooh Bear is so cute! She's got some after burners hidden under that floof!

I know, that Pooh can still hoof it when she needs to, but I see her find a place to sit down and rest quite a bit while Cora is still running around, scratching and doing chicken stuff. And the others that lived longer, Rocky and Jet, were both going just fine until they, one by one, had seizures and just died almost instantly. So, she'll be fine until she's not fine.

I just had a discussion, well, really some guy was trying to bully me on a FB chicken swap group post I made. FB keeps flagging my sale posts. Well, they flagged one for hatching eggs, not animals that they say you can't sell (never mind that they are allowing BST groups to exist!), but EGGS. Some idiot said I had to have a license to breed chickens. I said no such thing. He kept posting the GA regs for selling eggs, for egg production facilities and such and saying I had to have a license to sell ANY eggs. I said bull-hockey.
A permit to breed chickens is stupid. Ask my rooster to get a permit, why don't ya? I can breed chickens to my heart's content and never even sell one egg. And if I do, that doesn't make me a business. And besides, what benefit is candling an egg you are selling for hatching, really? You can't see disease in the egg with a stupid light, LOL. That is so the average person doesn't get grossed out by cracking open a table egg and seeing a meat spot.
I had to block the idiot! I asked him politely to STOP, that GA regs had zero to do with what Facebook is doing to me. They flag the ad, then no one can see it, they say fill out this form and we'll get back to you. They LIE! They never get back to you. Some moron at FB is pushing a button when they see a picture of the parent stock, though the headline says HATCHING EGGS. Geez.

There are some laws that need breaking, aside from all that, like the flock registration rules they have in NC. Most folks have no idea they even exist, but they do now. If GA did that, I would not comply. They have NO business knowing what birds I own. My birds are not in the food supply and I do not buy birds and bring them here.

It was sooooo cute watching little poo bear zip on threw the gate after Cora. Mrs Cora is sure a looker.
David

Thanks, David. She should be a nice addition to Bash's five girls he has now. He has two Partridge and two blue partridge (plus BJ, the Dark one) and since he's blue partridge, it is actually good that she's the color she is. No splash partridge will come from that mating.

Last edited:
I just had a discussion, well, really some guy was trying to bully me on a FB chicken swap group post I made. FB keeps flagging my sale posts. Well, they flagged one for hatching eggs, not animals that they say you can't sell (never mind that they are allowing BST groups to exist!), but EGGS. Some idiot said I had to have a license to breed chickens. I said no such thing. He kept posting the GA regs for selling eggs, for egg production facilities and such and saying I had to have a license to sell ANY eggs. I said bull-hockey.
A permit to breed chickens is stupid. Ask my rooster to get a permit, why don't ya? I can breed chickens to my heart's content and never even sell one egg. And if I do, that doesn't make me a business. And besides, what benefit is candling an egg you are selling for hatching, really? You can't see disease in the egg with a stupid light, LOL. That is so the average person doesn't get grossed out by cracking open a table egg and seeing a meat spot.
I had to block the idiot! I asked him politely to STOP, that GA regs had zero to do with what Facebook is doing to me. They flag the ad, then no one can see it, they say fill out this form and we'll get back to you. They LIE! They never get back to you. Some moron at FB is pushing a button when they see a picture of the parent stock, though the headline says HATCHING EGGS. Geez.

There are some laws that need breaking, aside from all that, like the flock registration rules they have in NC. Most folks have no idea they even exist, but they do now. If GA did that, I would not comply. They have NO business knowing what birds I own. My birds are not in the food supply and I do not buy birds and bring them here.

What is wrong with some people :he

Stuff like this makes me glad I don't used Facebook. From time to time I think that it might be a good way to make sales or that it might be fun to have a farm page and then I change my mind and just post on Craigslist. Which has enough of its own headaches, for sure.

What is wrong with some people
he.gif

Stuff like this makes me glad I don't used Facebook. From time to time I think that it might be a good way to make sales or that it might be fun to have a farm page and then I change my mind and just post on Craigslist. Which has enough of its own headaches, for sure.
I loathe FB, I really do, but I belong to a North Georgia Chicken Swap group there, which was allowed by FB! Why allow BST groups if you can't sell on them? Makes ZERO sense. Then, they start flagging ads for my chicks for sale. Then, I offer them for free, and they still flagged it. Then, I put up Brahma hatching eggs and they STILL flagged it! I'm so angry with Suckerberg's crappy platform, I could scream. I'm about to delete my account AGAIN.

And then, there are the blowhard bullies like this guy. Some lady said oh, I think they disallow animal sales because you have to have a license to breed almost any animal. I said not chickens! I can breed them all day long and never sell one egg so why the heck would I need a license? That's STUPID and just isn't true. But, this guy starts putting up the candling class regs, apples and oranges. I told him to back off several times and finally, I blocked him.

Now, I better go check Hector, Atlas and Bash to see where they stashed their permits to breed!

That is good. I don't like the way the splash changes almost everything about the color. That said some splash varieties are great but with partrdge I think the pattern is the best part!
David
Thanks, David. She should be a nice addition to Bash's five girls he has now. He has two Partridge and two blue partridge (plus BJ, the Dark one) and since he's blue partridge, it is actually good that she's the color she is. No splash partridge will come from that mating.

That is good. I don't like the way the splash changes almost everything about the color. That said some splash varieties are great but with partrdge I think the pattern is the best part!
David

Me, too. I like plain splash, but the splash partridge is my least favorite of the three.

I think of the ten eggs that are due to hatch on May 6, I'll sell the Brahma chicks since I have Miss Cora already and choose a BR pullet (or two, hopefully) from the group for Hector and sell any cockerels.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom