The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Good early morning, all. Why can't I sleep past 6 a.m. anymore? Geez.

After scrolling through 616 photos on the deck mounted Stealth Cam, I found only one unauthorized visitor. This is Georgie's idea of "free range". She remembers the days of Isaac and his entire entourage roaming the deck, going all the way around the house from door to door, even knocking sometimes. Sweet old Georgie is 9+ years old now, my last Delaware. She will end an era when she goes.

STC_0304.JPG
STC_0307.JPG

Georgie's beautiful, and looks like she owns that porch.

She owns DH, that's for sure. She is constantly looking for him. Poor old gal has been bloaty on and off over the past year. She thinks she's a parrot, wants to sit on his shoulder. An 8 lb parrot.

I haven’t posted in so long. Life is so crazy busy here. Kids are all home for the summer, my older boys have had summer band practice every day (last day today yay!), and we are trying to get our remodel done. Good news, I have an amazing kitchen that I can use now! No more teeny tiny basement kitchen with no dishwasher or counter space. Still need to finish our fireplace and paint my bedroom, then we can get carpet and be DONE! I’ve had very little sleep trying to get this done so I’m really looking forward to getting to bed before midnight again. Here’s a pic of old vs new (New was taken before backsplash and faucets were in and table in the dining room).
5D76DE5D-6DB6-4FB4-A8A7-92A2F7713180.jpeg

And an island big enough for all my kids to sit at, even the baby when he’s big enough.
E81F60DC-7E93-4FE2-934A-42712824651E.jpeg

I told my husband we can never move now. The stress and cost of getting my dream kitchen done means we have to live with it forever lol. I designed the kitchen myself, 2 years of tweaking my plan exactly how I wanted and it came out perfect. And no debt, we saved and paid for everything up front.

Anyway enough about that. I’ve loved seeing the pics of all the chicks growing. Those brahmas are just so handsome! I’m glad someone is planning to take them all together, that’s a huge relief with all those boys! Over here where most cities don’t allow roosters people can’t even find homes from them for free.

Wow, @kitkat5505 Kara! You did a fine job designing your kitchen! And the no debt part is awesome, too. I love the paint color you chose for your walls. It's one I would have chosen for mine. I really would love to do a room addition, but I think keeping cash on hand might beat having a master suite. Maybe we'll really finish the basement more fully since that is less costly than an addition. It already has a bathroom down there, albeit in need of some renovation.

When we were looking for a home to buy, one of my 2 requirements was a big, working kitchen. I did look at a few homes with medium sized kitchens (they looked somewhat bigger in the pics.) if it looked like there was a way to expand them some. Most of those had breakfast nooks, or something like that, so I could extend the kitchen area. My second requirement was at least 1 big solid wall in the living room. I have very large, big screen tv, and entertainment center that it goes in. It took forever, but the good Lord finally blessed me with exactly the right home, in our price range.

I haven’t posted in so long. Life is so crazy busy here. Kids are all home for the summer, my older boys have had summer band practice every day (last day today yay!), and we are trying to get our remodel done. Good news, I have an amazing kitchen that I can use now! No more teeny tiny basement kitchen with no dishwasher or counter space. Still need to finish our fireplace and paint my bedroom, then we can get carpet and be DONE! I’ve had very little sleep trying to get this done so I’m really looking forward to getting to bed before midnight again. Here’s a pic of old vs new (New was taken before backsplash and faucets were in and table in the dining room).
View attachment 1440124

And an island big enough for all my kids to sit at, even the baby when he’s big enough.
View attachment 1440125

I told my husband we can never move now. The stress and cost of getting my dream kitchen done means we have to live with it forever lol. I designed the kitchen myself, 2 years of tweaking my plan exactly how I wanted and it came out perfect. And no debt, we saved and paid for everything up front.

Anyway enough about that. I’ve loved seeing the pics of all the chicks growing. Those brahmas are just so handsome! I’m glad someone is planning to take them all together, that’s a huge relief with all those boys! Over here where most cities don’t allow roosters people can’t even find homes from them for free.
Nice kitchen, like the colours.

Good early morning, all. Why can't I sleep past 6 a.m. anymore? Geez.

After scrolling through 616 photos on the deck mounted Stealth Cam, I found only one unauthorized visitor. This is Georgie's idea of "free range". She remembers the days of Isaac and his entire entourage roaming the deck, going all the way around the house from door to door, even knocking sometimes. Sweet old Georgie is 9+ years old now, my last Delaware. She will end an era when she goes.

View attachment 1439928 View attachment 1439929
Does your stealth cam automatically send pictures to your computer or do you have to take the card out and put it in a card reader on your computer.?

Back
Top Bottom