The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

So generous of Karen to send me this treasure trove of beautiful fabrics. Not sure I deserve it, but I sure appreciate it!
You definitely deserve it. I'm waiting for cooler weather so I can use my wonderful poncho again. You are very deserving.

What has Ciara been up to?

She's been her usual outgoing self :p I heard her hiss for the first time a couple weeks ago when she was excited and running around. Haven't heard Desi do that yet. She's calmed down about the chickens somewhat and doesn't chase them as much, so that's good.

Oh, I tried to feed them bananas. They were having none of that. Took a bite and promptly spit it out and then started shaking their heads.

Someone wants to keep me occupied! I received a wonderful surprise package today! Some super nice person(*seminolewind!*)sent me a big box chock full of gorgeous, quality cotton fabrics and even a few spools of high quality threads to use with them. She didn't include a card or note, but the return address seemed rather familiar and finally it dawned on me who my benefactor is!

I am so blessed to have so many kind people in my life. There are three, count 'em, THREE "Morning Serenade" panels with beautiful roosters on them, my weakness, as you all know. A new rooster quilt is coming up soon! View attachment 1487452 View attachment 1487453

That's an amazing gift. That's going to make some beautiful quilts.

I just caught up from the last few weeks. Life got crazy busy as we finished up our remodel. But it’s done! Mostly. Still some cleaning to do and put pictures and things up. But I finally have time to just sit for a minute.
2B37DCC0-8431-4E55-B10B-527EA87B410D.jpeg
421A87AE-C2AD-4147-8E61-116EB05FB283.jpeg

I finally gave in and gave my broody hen 4 chicks. She is not quite sure what’s going on lol, but at least she’s not attacking them. Not that we needed any more chickens, so we’ll find them homes when they are older, but hopefully that’ll cure her brooding for a while. We have only been getting 2-3 eggs a day lately because of the relentless heat.
B48C8817-625D-46D0-98EA-D9401061C0F1.jpeg

Cynthia- I love how the bed runner and optical illusion quilt turned out! And I love the rooster fabric you were gifted, so cute! I was just telling someone last week how I’d love to learn to do some nice quilting when I’m not drowning in children anymore lol.

Back
Top Bottom