The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

In the past few weeks I have created a smaller area for my horse, received 3 truck loads of sand and lime, and called a guy to move it and spread it. It's great, no more horse in mud up to her ankles. And for the last time I got my boot sucked off and had to stick my foot in the mud to save my balance. No more. However, I had the tractor guy not spread or run over these 10 inch high Privet that I raised from roots I got on Ebay. I just realized that they are not there anymore and I guess the horse ate them. :barnie Now I have to be starting over.

Today I drove over to my daughter's house which is 9 miles away . She lives in a very hilly neighborhood where all the houses are brick and many look alike. Well I pull up , garage closed. I ring the bell. Nothing. I call her . She says the garage is open. I look and it is not. I go to the back door and knock. Nothing. I call her. She says "where are you?" "Wrong house?". Yea. I'm at her neighbor's house . I didn't even think when I pulled in. The house is the same as my DD's, but the landscape is real different and no pool in the back. Yes the wrong house. I guess it's laughable. However my daughter thinks I should discuss this with my doctor. She says I'm not normal. Okay, I'm 60 and my brain does not instantly recall details. Anyone understand this? Or should I see a doctor?

I just read an article on memory loss. It said that you don't get any more forgetful as you age, it just takes longer to remember stuff. When you are young you have lots of free memory space. As you get older and have more data stored, it takes longer for your brain to sort through it. I always picture my brain as a set of filing cabinets, not labeled well, with various random bits of paper and photos sticking out of the drawers :lol:

I just read an article on memory loss. It said that you don't get any more forgetful as you age, it just takes longer to remember stuff. When you are young you have lots of free memory space. As you get older and have more data stored, it takes longer for your brain to sort through it. I always picture my brain as a set of filing cabinets, not labeled well, with various random bits of paper and photos sticking out of the drawers :lol:
So, what you're saying is my BYC calendar is in a drawer and I can't find it, right? LOL.

In addition, you have 2 main filing cabinets. 1 for short term memory, and 1 for long term memory. Short term memory not only holds new information for a short time, but is the sorting center as to whether the new information can be discarded, or whether it gets moved, into long term memory. Chemo does damage to the short term memory, thus chemo brain. New information is not not always readily available, like it should be, and sometimes the same information has to be studied more than once, so the short term memory realizes it needs to be stored in long term memory, and not discarded.

That information saved me a lot of frustration. In the beginning, after chemo, I could read things, and know them, but couldn't recall them correctly. I knew it was happening, and it frustrated me to no end. Now, I have built up some new neuropathways, so it's become a bit easier dealing with short term memory, BUT I know to read the key parts of any new information twice. That signals the brain that it's important information, and to move it into long term memory. Anything I can't access correctly at first, usually within a few days, when it's moved into long term memory, I can remember it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom