The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I've made these before and they really were lovely, some of the suggestions in the ratings are helpful if you are not used to making biscuits on your own. If you don't have buttermilk, you can use regular milk with a little lemon juice added.

when I buy buttermilk to use for baking, I will keep it in my refrigerator for months. as long as it doesn't have anything weird growing in it, it is still fine for baking. Just shake it up and throw it in.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/bas-best-buttermilk-biscuits

Hey, Southerners here, biscuit-making is easy peasy, no recipe needed. You can also throw in a splash of white vinegar in lieu of lemon juice. Usually, Tom's biscuits are triple-deckers . Wish I could find a specific pic I was looking for.
100_6227.JPG

Chris's FB posts this morning:
is feeling hopeful.
I finally got my letter of intent from the school and the general teacher salary schedule. They don't know what the salary offer will be since the county has to decide, and they haven't finished processing my application. However, my salary should be in the range of $51,776 (master's degree minimum - but none of my previous experience is accepted) to $59,968 (max - all of my previous experience is accepted - even student teaching at Trinity). It's not a lot to some people, but even the minimum would be the highest salary I've made in my lifetime thus far....... and I know I'm going to earn every penny of it in that position. Hopefully, the current pandemic won't require a severe county budget cut that'd eliminate my position entirely.
And then this, LOL:
Murphy's law? I've been offered a tax-funded teaching position at the onset of a viral pandemic and economic collapse.

There are many things making me more uneasy than usual, like requiring travel papers, cops stopping people just for being in a vehicle, Lowe's Garden Centers in some states being told they have to stop selling "non-essentials" like seeds/plants or face daily fines (I saw a copy of the letter). Since when is anything to do with food "non-essential"? I don't see us getting anywhere near back to normal, especially when they're talking Rounds 2 & 3 when and if this one passes.

Kissinger: “Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.”

That is so true.

Good thing our work hours are restricted, because I've spent an ungodly amount of time trying to apply for the PPP small business assistance loan - just getting the paperwork together has been trying :mad: . It would be a godsend if we qualify.
Oh, I hope so, Mary! We'll all end up living like the Amish if this keeps up, the ones who can adapt, that is. Today is my son, Michael's 43rd birthday, and I doubt he feels like a celebration.

On the other hand I found a very easy crockpot meal and am making it today, though I had to substitute one ingredient. Sounds so good and the comments were very positive from those who made it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom