The Fair is coming!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Jul 15, 2011.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I can't wait! On August 8th I'm gonna be bathing 8 chickens in our bathtub. I'll get some pictures of them then. Then on the 9th I'll be entering 'em. On the 10th I'll find out if they won any ribbons and money. [​IMG]

When is ya'lls fair coming to town? I'm curious.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm excited for you! I think the Union, SC fair is some time in September.

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    My chickens go up to our fair tomorrow afternoon.
    The actual show is on Monday, which my little brother will be showing them at.

He's super excited.

4. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

I've already picked out the chickens I'm gonna be showing.

Rocky - Rhode Island Red cockeral (traded 2 of my hens for him. He's from breeding stock)
    Pepper - Barred Rock hen
    Robin - Rhode Island Red hen
    Marshmallow - Easter Egger hen (grand champion hen from 2009)
    Buffy - Buff Orp pullet
    Dottie - Barred Rock pullet
    Salt - Barred Jap cockeral
    Roxanna aka Roxy - Barred Jap pullet

5. Drover

Drover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    our fair is coming on august 3rd!!! I am so exited! I am showing a buff orp rooster ( His name is Julian) and a white leghorn hen. I am also letting a friend and her little sister show a sex link and a production black.

6. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    that's what you do with your pretty, but OLD hens that barely to never lay, you take them to the county or state fair,, and show them,, you get what you can out of the old chickens, that aren't good layers, i got 5 dollars for a second place rooster one time, i am sure now they probably dont give you checks anymore, they probably give you certificates for a free meal at Cici's Pizza buffet

7. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Nope! I get money and ribbons. [​IMG]

And for your information..................... (no offense meant) Marshmallow and her sister Blueberry are going on 6 years old (this August) and laying 4 to 7 times a week!! Pepper is 5 years old laying nicely and trying to go broody more times this year than she has in her entire life! [​IMG]

8. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    End of August. My boys will be showing birds [​IMG]

9. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    TO SOON!!!!! i have 14 days untill i have to ship in my heifer and weather!!!!!

10. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

I have to wait till the end of September for our fair! I won't be entering any chickens, but I'm in love with the fair no matter what [​IMG] Hopefully I'll be going, my baby is due not long before then!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by