The first show win

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ()relics, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    This is my son's 3rd year in 4H. He has had some sucess previously but he wanted to "win some hardware". He got his wish:

[​IMG]

This is the Grand Champion Exhibition Bird in our county this year, he looks a little rough in the picture,he has been jostled around for 10+hours by this point. And it the "hardware" will fit nicely into this line:

[​IMG]

Incidently when you are 11 a win in the county is equal to a world championship and is "way more important than any of the trophies my sisters won"

2. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    That's AWESOME ()relics!!!! Give that boy a high five from me!!!! That is one nice bird and after 10 hours or being tossed around he still looks great! [​IMG]

3. Kat'sChicks

Kat'sChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Minonk, IL
    Wow.....that's a good looking boy, so's the hardware! I'm betting he can add a few more of those trophies and beat his sisters...LOL

4. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Congratulations! Very handsome roo!

5. me and my marans

me and my marans Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    Congradulations!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Fluff-n-Feathers

Fluff-n-Feathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    Congrats!!! i'm in 4-H too and i know how good it feels to see your bird do really well [​IMG] Also, your bird is really pretty, so keep up the good work!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, congrats! Beautiful little rooster!

8. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Superb! Give him a big CONGRATZ from us! [​IMG]

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I know exactly how your son feels! On Saturday my black rosecomb hen won Reserve Grand Champion of Show. She got beat by a bantam white leghorn. Those lil birds are tough to beat!

[​IMG]

10. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I know exactly how that feels I just won Champion AOCCL, Champion and Reserve Medium Duck, Rerve Light Duck, and Reserve Grand Champion Bantam with a Black Bantam Ameraucana Pullet (I lost to a Buff Brahma) I'll have to add pics

Congrats to everyone's wins!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by