The Fox Attacks: Chapter III

oh got it. dont know much about trapping didn't realize that type of trap broke legs!

anyhow back to the original question - does she need antibiotics?

Well just providing an update on here. I did not give her antibiotics orally. I did clean the wounds every day for probably the first 8-9 days or so, and then applied a mix of vaseline and vetericyn plus on there, and put a sterile pad on top of that, and some bandage work.

Princess was not a big fan of this and would rip the bandage off.

She looks like she is healing nicely, although there are a lot of feathers lost that are regrowing.

Are there any colors or signs I should watch out for during this process?

She is quite perky, eating and drinking well.

She is also quite uppity during the day and does not like being in the dog crate. I let her out for a bit for some supervised chicken walking, but all she wants to do is take dirt baths, which as you can guess is not the best thing for healing wounds. So I think she's mad I wont let her do that.

Anybody have ideas on what I can do for her to keep her occupied and maybe happy while in the crate healing?

Here is her progress photo from last week. I will try to take another in the next few days.
hFZY3vL.jpg

well i don't know if people stopped being able to see this post, or just lost interest, but i ended up not giving any oral antibiotics.

but i did wash out and disinfect her wound daily for the first 10 days or so, and applied vaseline and some bandages to keep the area clean.

she was re-integrated with our small flock this weekend, and things seem ok.

Where is the medical advice?? All these replies and not one that replied to the question at hand: wound care. Stay on topic or stay quiet please.

Back
Top Bottom