The Fraggles

Awww such cute babies!!! After they are grown are you giving them back to the farm you said?
I completely agree!!! Unfortunately yes. Although I think my family is getting attached to the babies so maybe one might stick around! Figured out that Kermit's dad was a white silkie roo named Albert and an easter egger, brownish.
i agree I thought silkie as soon as i seen her. Beutiful babbies!!

mama lookes quite pleased with herself n so beautiful all puffed up in broody mode.
Oh she is just the sweetest to her babies!! She's always clucking and fluffing up her nest. Every time I take a baby out she clucks very softly but doesn't bite or hiss. When I put the baby back she scoops them under her with her chin or a nibble on their butt. She is honestly the sweetest momma to her babies. First time ever being broody and doing such an amazing job. We chose to put Turkey underneath Princess because Goose started attacking Chimpanzee when Princess went for a quick food grab. Made a broody cage with lots of comfy bedding & shavings and Turkey hatched under her while we were sleeping last night! Attaching pictures below. Her momma is most likely an Ameraucana or perhaps EE cause of the winged eyeliner she's got going on.

I know this is an old post but what a wonderful gift! I just about cried reading about how your folks presented their gift to you. Congratulations on your pretty little babies!
I completely agree! I know the story by heart and the words line for line. I think about it very often and there will most likely be no better surprise in my life than that moment. I remember my very first thought when I opened the box was "Where did they get these from???" not at all believing they were mine. I had dropped the lid back down and was trying not to cry I was so happy but also in shock I think. I remember my mom coming over and grabbing my shoulder and telling me "They're yours! We've been hiding them for a couple days now..." etc. I couldn't believe it. Sometimes I still can't believe it. Well and truly my dreams came true that day.

Thank you so much!! I'm truly surprised how colorful they are even in youth. Going to be a stark contrast between my all white flock once they start feathering!

Also checkout Turkey's eyeliner haha

Attachments

• IMG_8300.JPG
    IMG_8300.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8303.JPG
    IMG_8303.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 12
I completely agree!!! Unfortunately yes. Although I think my family is getting attached to the babies so maybe one might stick around! Figured out that Kermit's dad was a white silkie roo named Albert and an easter egger, brownish.

Oh she is just the sweetest to her babies!! She's always clucking and fluffing up her nest. Every time I take a baby out she clucks very softly but doesn't bite or hiss. When I put the baby back she scoops them under her with her chin or a nibble on their butt. She is honestly the sweetest momma to her babies. First time ever being broody and doing such an amazing job. We chose to put Turkey underneath Princess because Goose started attacking Chimpanzee when Princess went for a quick food grab. Made a broody cage with lots of comfy bedding & shavings and Turkey hatched under her while we were sleeping last night! Attaching pictures below. Her momma is most likely an Ameraucana or perhaps EE cause of the winged eyeliner she's got going on.

I completely agree! I know the story by heart and the words line for line. I think about it very often and there will most likely be no better surprise in my life than that moment. I remember my very first thought when I opened the box was "Where did they get these from???" not at all believing they were mine. I had dropped the lid back down and was trying not to cry I was so happy but also in shock I think. I remember my mom coming over and grabbing my shoulder and telling me "They're yours! We've been hiding them for a couple days now..." etc. I couldn't believe it. Sometimes I still can't believe it. Well and truly my dreams came true that day.

Thank you so much!! I'm truly surprised how colorful they are even in youth. Going to be a stark contrast between my all white flock once they start feathering!

Also checkout Turkey's eyeliner haha
They really are beauties! I like seeing the changes as they get older with color and pattern.

They really are beauties! I like seeing the changes as they get older with color and pattern.
I really hope little miss Chimpanzee keeps her rock-on head spot, but it's not likely haha. I find it hilarious how much bigger Kermit is than everyone else. I am so so excited to see what their baby patterns turn into!

Chicks are doing phenomenal, eating and drinking like champs. Benatar loves to stand on my hand and peck her momma in the face. Kermit is very laid back, and Turkey runs around like she’s being pulled on an invisible string. Cutest things ever.

Attachments

• B7ED6A2C-BD6A-422A-B6CE-EB7C5EDAC796.jpeg
    B7ED6A2C-BD6A-422A-B6CE-EB7C5EDAC796.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A2C4705D-B1BD-4330-814E-2A848A6CB544.jpeg
    A2C4705D-B1BD-4330-814E-2A848A6CB544.jpeg
    521 KB · Views: 8
  • F14B1798-CAD5-498F-A740-51AB88311507.jpeg
    F14B1798-CAD5-498F-A740-51AB88311507.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 11
If Chimpanzee has a silkie roo in her bloodline she might actually keep her head tuft. That is one of my favorite features of my silkies.
What do you mean keep her tuft? Also we renamed her Benatar, unless you mean Kermit? I’ve confirmed that Kermit is white Silkie dad brown&gray EE mom. Turkey probably has an Amaraucana mother and an EE dad. Benatar is either Silkie mom or dad and probably either Amarcauna mom or EE mom or dad.

Back
Top Bottom