The Fricken Chicken story!

The super secret surprise!! 🙃 🙃:idunno

The breeder, I got my silkie eggs from is selling off her breeding stock silkies. She had some nice whites, a couple frizzle and some others. I opted for her trio if paints! I really did NOT want another Rooster, but let me tell you how sweet this boy is.
Meet Rooster, Henny and Girlie
View attachment 2342981View attachment 2342982View attachment 2342984View attachment 2342985View attachment 2342987
This young girl had a messy bum. So I trimmed her butt up some, she also had about a 1/4 inch of straw or hay stuck inside her nostril.. So I cleaned them up, and have the 3 quarantined in the empty trailer next door. I figured the little sun porch area of the trailer is a nice quarantine area, away from my flock. One of them sneezed. So I'm going to keep a close eye for now.
View attachment 2342990View attachment 2342991
Congratulations! That is just awesome. :clap :clap :clap More chickens is always more better.

The super secret surprise!! 🙃 🙃:idunno

The breeder, I got my silkie eggs from is selling off her breeding stock silkies. She had some nice whites, a couple frizzle and some others. I opted for her trio if paints! I really did NOT want another Rooster, but let me tell you how sweet this boy is.
Meet Rooster, Henny and Girlie
View attachment 2342981View attachment 2342982View attachment 2342984View attachment 2342985View attachment 2342987
This young girl had a messy bum. So I trimmed her butt up some, she also had about a 1/4 inch of straw or hay stuck inside her nostril.. So I cleaned them up, and have the 3 quarantined in the empty trailer next door. I figured the little sun porch area of the trailer is a nice quarantine area, away from my flock. One of them sneezed. So I'm going to keep a close eye for now.
View attachment 2342990View attachment 2342991

They are so cute! Congratulations! More chickens are always better.
Are you going to breed them eventually?

You guys remember the problem with the coyote I've been having?. Well, this pass weekend, a neighborhood friend of the family come by. Unfortunately, their cat had the same fate as ours. They said the neighbor been feeding a stray cat. So I walked over in hopes it could be one of our cats that we never found a sign of. It wasn't our cat.. But I did speak to many of the neighbors and they all told me the same thing. Coyotes... all hrs of the day/night... oh and a random bobcat been seen too. Im not worried about it though. 18 cats are missing in our area. I know, 4 of the 18 have been coyote dinner... for certain. It is sad... it makes my heart hurt.... Specially seeing our friends daughter hurt over her kitty too. I have made the hard decision to start trapping them. I have warned the neighborhood, and stressed to them to keep their pets inside. They do not have a problem with me using foot holds. None of us are happy about the coyote problem, we all are going to step up our game on the situation. I have about 4 people who hunt deer around us, I've asked them for help too. Im over these nasty nuisance animals. Its time for me to take war. So my starting point will be the on 29th, that marks 1yr since my sweet Russian blue, Coopa was found in our back field. It's hard to believe my boy has been gone that long. I still miss him dearly and still brings tears to my eyes thinking about that day.

Rest easy Coopa, mom still misses you dearly!
20190430_185916.jpg

You guys remember the problem with the coyote I've been having?. Well, this pass weekend, a neighborhood friend of the family come by. Unfortunately, their cat had the same fate as ours. They said the neighbor been feeding a stray cat. So I walked over in hopes it could be one of our cats that we never found a sign of. It wasn't our cat.. But I did speak to many of the neighbors and they all told me the same thing. Coyotes... all hrs of the day/night... oh and a random bobcat been seen too. Im not worried about it though. 18 cats are missing in our area. I know, 4 of the 18 have been coyote dinner... for certain. It is sad... it makes my heart hurt.... Specially seeing our friends daughter hurt over her kitty too. I have made the hard decision to start trapping them. I have warned the neighborhood, and stressed to them to keep their pets inside. They do not have a problem with me using foot holds. None of us are happy about the coyote problem, we all are going to step up our game on the situation. I have about 4 people who hunt deer around us, I've asked them for help too. Im over these nasty nuisance animals. Its time for me to take war. So my starting point will be the on 29th, that marks 1yr since my sweet Russian blue, Coopa was found in our back field. It's hard to believe my boy has been gone that long. I still miss him dearly and still brings tears to my eyes thinking about that day.

Rest easy Coopa, mom still misses you dearly!
View attachment 2343649
What a beautiful boy. I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs :hugs

I can understand and I think you do need to do something about the coyotes. Does you game commission or similar organization help with things like this?

They will just tell you coyote is open season year around. Take aim and fire.
So the same as here then. Our hunters will usually take them down if they see one. It still doesn't make a dent in the population. They continue to grow in number.

So.... let speak about these 3 silkie... I definitely heard sneezing 🤧 😪 😫 as of right now. They are inside a sun porch area of the vacant trailer next door. Its my grandparents property, so you guys know I'm not having my chickens squatting on someone else's empty house lol we planned on demolishing it. Just haven't did it. I do like the sun porch for a quarantine area though.

Anyways since I've heard them sneezing. Im going to throughly inspect them today. In the mean time. I take care of my flock first, tend to them last. Have hand sanitizer, and a spray bottle of bleach for my shoes on the way out. What on earth am I going to do if those 3 are sick. They are already here, on my property. Im doing best to quarantine. I have antibiotics, and what ever I need to help them. But is it worth the risk to my own flock. They are sweet, beautiful and a nice start to my future plans, of breeding silkies. Is there hope for the sneezing bunch? I'll report back after I go be a chicken tender, and do a better inspection.

Back
Top Bottom