The Front Porch Swing

El Cajon is a Huge place.... most people think of the city part but it covers as much land as Jacumba. You know I havent been deep into Baja and I have lived here since 1967. I think the farthest I ever have been is Husongs Cantina in Ensinada. There the Police were in full paramilitary dress.... down to the AK 47... or what ever machine gun they carry is...

There are toll roads now so if you are on one of those and get into an accident you dont go to jail. The people who built my house bought land on the Sea of Cortez (or as I have found out recently the gulf of California) and moved there when they retired. I believe the town is called Loreto.

I wont go now because of the Cartel issues....

deb

My late husband and I traveled Baja many times. It is a whole different place after you get past Ensenada. We drove the whole coast all the way to Cabo San Lucas. There is a beautiful little mission outside of Loreto on basically a goat trail. The people were warm and friendly and although our Spanish was minimal and there English was the same we managed to communicate. The funniest experience was when we stopped at a place we were told we could get a great breakfast. It was a family rancho. Mamma came out and told us what she had cooked, Eggs,ham, beans homemade tortillas. We were outside at a picnic table. The dog was under the table waiting for scraps. The kids were batting a baseball into the field. Of course there were free ranging chickens. Every time the kids would hit the ball the rooster would run into the field and find it. He would crow and the kids would go get it ad do it all again. It was great entertainment and the food was delicious. It is sad that evil people have ruined such a beautiful place. I would love to go again, but not under the current circumstances.

LOL.... The recipe can be halved.... If you went smaller youd have to taste test it to make sure the flavor profile was right....

Oh maann My brain is fried.... there is a joke in there somewhere.

sip... maybe a little more sughar
sip sip.... Oh and more vanilla
glurp.... Shwares that Shpoon
glurp Glurp... Hmmm.... I think..... I neeed ..... a chair.

and it goes down hill from there

deb

It's all a learning experience. Burp.
lau.gif

Blooie, would you like a cup of cocoa with whipped cream???

Lisa :)
I would love one, Lisa....and so would my poor chickens, I'm sure. Just came in from checking on them, and they're fine. Got water, still have food, some were eating, some were taking their turns under the lamp, and Jane, Rose and Charlie were in the corner - discussing battle plans, I'm sure. If they weren't crazy about me before, they DARN sure don't like me now!
lol.png

Goodmorning, everyone! After I caught up on the thread last night, my brain was mush. After a good sleep, the 2 things that stuck out in my mind was the example Lindz set how to be thankful even when things are going tough! And Bee's challenge to find things to be thankful for when you wake up in the morning. This morning, as I went outside at 5:45 to chore, I was thankful that the sky had light in the horizon. Thankful there was no wind. Thankful for our neighbourhood owl hooting good morning. Thankful for clean underwear. Thankful for coffee. Thankful for a job that I enjoy doing. It's going to be a wonderful day. Hope you enjoy it too! See you after work. Maybe someone will bake cookies today... with chocolate in them.....

Very scriptural
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

My late husband and I traveled Baja many times. It is a whole different place after you get past Ensenada. We drove the whole coast all the way to Cabo San Lucas. There is a beautiful little mission outside of Loreto on basically a goat trail. The people were warm and friendly and although our Spanish was minimal and there English was the same we managed to communicate. The funniest experience was when we stopped at a place we were told we could get a great breakfast. It was a family rancho. Mamma came out and told us what she had cooked, Eggs,ham, beans homemade tortillas. We were outside at a picnic table. The dog was under the table waiting for scraps. The kids were batting a baseball into the field. Of course there were free ranging chickens. Every time the kids would hit the ball the rooster would run into the field and find it. He would crow and the kids would go get it ad do it all again. It was great entertainment and the food was delicious. It is sad that evil people have ruined such a beautiful place. I would love to go again, but not under the current circumstances.

That sounds like a really nice day. I'm glad you have that memory with your husband. :) I'd love to spend a day (or a week) somewhere like that. Funny about the rooster finding the ball. I bet if he could have he would have fetched it for them. lol

Good morning everybody! Hope you all have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom