The Front Porch Swing

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Beekissed, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Regin

Regin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2013
    York, SC

2. rrrmamma

rrrmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    New Concord,Ohio
    My late husband and I traveled Baja many times. It is a whole different place after you get past Ensenada. We drove the whole coast all the way to Cabo San Lucas. There is a beautiful little mission outside of Loreto on basically a goat trail. The people were warm and friendly and although our Spanish was minimal and there English was the same we managed to communicate. The funniest experience was when we stopped at a place we were told we could get a great breakfast. It was a family rancho. Mamma came out and told us what she had cooked, Eggs,ham, beans homemade tortillas. We were outside at a picnic table. The dog was under the table waiting for scraps. The kids were batting a baseball into the field. Of course there were free ranging chickens. Every time the kids would hit the ball the rooster would run into the field and find it. He would crow and the kids would go get it ad do it all again. It was great entertainment and the food was delicious. It is sad that evil people have ruined such a beautiful place. I would love to go again, but not under the current circumstances.

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Although there are times when I miss that warm, sunny Southern California weather - like today. This is what I woke up to.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Blooie, would you like a cup of cocoa with whipped cream???

Lisa :)

5. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    It's all a learning experience. Burp. [​IMG]

6. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I would love one, Lisa....and so would my poor chickens, I'm sure. Just came in from checking on them, and they're fine. Got water, still have food, some were eating, some were taking their turns under the lamp, and Jane, Rose and Charlie were in the corner - discussing battle plans, I'm sure. If they weren't crazy about me before, they DARN sure don't like me now! [​IMG]

7. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Holy Cow!!! My spring is here, where's yours. [​IMG]

8. SonRise Silkies

SonRise Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Very scriptural
    Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

9. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    That sounds like a really nice day. I'm glad you have that memory with your husband. :) I'd love to spend a day (or a week) somewhere like that. Funny about the rooster finding the ball. I bet if he could have he would have fetched it for them. lol

Good morning everybody! Hope you all have a great day.

10. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I think it's in the phone book. <Sigh>

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by