The Front Porch Swing

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Beekissed, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Give it away? Uh, no. Mine. [​IMG] Just not 9 quarts of it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Tomorrow first thing I need to move the heat lamp closer to a corner. Right now they are huddled in a mass as directly under the lamp as they can get, but it's kinda just suspended in the middle of the coop, which was stupid. I tried but couldn't get to the outlet. First time I've ever seen a living feather pillow - whodathunk they came in so many colors?

3. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2010
    Dang, Dang, Dang!!
    I just had a corner of the kitchen countertop break off - well, not the countertop but a small 1" triangle of the laminate snapped off the corner. Of course it is the part that is rounded over.
    And we are having an open house on Saturday trying to sell this place!!
    Will superglue be strong enough to hold this little corner of laminate in place? or is there something that would work better?

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Try Gorilla glue.... its thicker tackier..... They have it just about every where.

deb

6. LeslieDJoyce

LeslieDJoyce Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    My Coop

Does he look lonely there in my spot on the bed. Playing possum when I say "scoot!"?

[​IMG]

7. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

And clear packing tape to keep it in place until it dries. I've done this before...... [​IMG]

Why, yes! He does look very, very lonely....look around his eyes how wistful he looks as he imagines a world where dogs dominated the bed and NOT cats. You can almost hear him wishing for it! LJ, he is clearly suffering from severe, clinical dog loneliness and I would prescribe an Anatolian puppy as the cure. [​IMG]

8. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    It was pretty warm here today so I unplugged my meat chicks' light and opened the window real wide. Well I woke up in my recliner a bit ago and thought about them. I went and checked and they were in a pile keeping warm. lol I turned their light on and gave them a snack ...well I had one too.

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

[​IMG] I left mine without a light tonight also...went to check on them to see if they were using their heating pad brooder and they were...stuffed into one end of it like sardines and acting like the rest of the brooder was just too scary to explore in the dark. I'm going to raise that wire frame even more tomorrow...I've already done it once to accommodate their chubby butts.

10. Triple Willow

Triple Willow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    Mine were a little bit chilly. lol Maybe it caused some feathers to pop out on their little butts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by