The Front Porch Swing

Oh, don't pay any mind to me.....I guess you all have spoiled me - we can say pretty much anything here and nobody judges another based on habits, or appearance, or differing points of view.

So if my girls lay biiiiigggg eggs, I can assume there's two little yeller balls inside? How cool is that!

Got yer back, Blooie...that was either an April Fools joke or that person is like so many out there...bigoted and discriminatory and willing to blame any problem that arises in their life or in America on certain minorities.

Maybe we'll both get kicked off together....
smile.png

For what its worth....

Apple Pie Moon shine

Ingredients:
  • 1 gallon apple cider
  • 1 gallon apple juice
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 8 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 liter bottle of 190 proof moonshine or grain alcahol
  • 2 cups Vanilla Vodka or Whipped Cream Vodka (adds an "a la mode" effect)

Whew

Directions
  • In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
  • Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
  • Add the liquor.
  • Pour this into mason jars, put lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away but it gets better after a couple of weeks.
  • This recipe makes about 9 quarts. You could easily cut this recipe in half.

deb

Bookmarked this too
lau.gif
I'd have to about fifth it.

Sometimes double yolk eggs have a waist, like the egg was going to close around a single yolk before it noticed there were two yolks.

Can you guys come entertain my dog for me. He is being sooooo needy right now and I have stuff to do. He wants to play bone. He guards the bone and growls while you say "is that your bone?" Then he rolls around and sings the bone song, and you have to sing backup. Then he takes the bone a few steps away and you have to go over there and ask him "is that your bone?" And so on.

It makes reading difficult.

Sometimes double yolk eggs have a waist, like the egg was going to close around a single yolk before it noticed there were two yolks.

Can you guys come entertain my dog for me. He is being sooooo needy right now and I have stuff to do. He wants to play bone. He guards the bone and growls while you say "is that your bone?" Then he rolls around and sings the bone song, and you have to sing backup. Then he takes the bone a few steps away and you have to go over there and ask him "is that your bone?" And so on.

It makes reading difficult.

lol.png
That's so sweet! If I get this GP dog it will mainly be for Jake...so he will have a friend of his own species and get more exercise while socializing(read wrestling)with him. That way I won't have him nudging me with his nose when I'm trying to do other things. Gust needs a playmate!
pop.gif

Deb,
A beautiful description. I remember staying at our friend's home in El Cajon, and sitting on the rocks. Soaking up the heat of the day and listening to the early evening sounds. You are closer to the border than they were. I have spent many years traveling Baja. Probably wouldn't do it now. How different our ideas of paradise are, but still so similar. For me now it is the spring peepers, the hoot owl on summer evenings, the coyote song, the underlying song of the woods. Peace for our souls.
El Cajon is a Huge place.... most people think of the city part but it covers as much land as Jacumba. You know I havent been deep into Baja and I have lived here since 1967. I think the farthest I ever have been is Husongs Cantina in Ensinada. There the Police were in full paramilitary dress.... down to the AK 47... or what ever machine gun they carry is...

There are toll roads now so if you are on one of those and get into an accident you dont go to jail. The people who built my house bought land on the Sea of Cortez (or as I have found out recently the gulf of California) and moved there when they retired. I believe the town is called Loreto.

I wont go now because of the Cartel issues....

deb

Okay, I admit it - I'm worried about the girls (and Charlie) out there in the cold. It's 30 degrees inside the coop, according to the remote thermometer, and it's 26 degrees outside with a strong North wind. I'm going out (yes, in my mismatched jammies) to check on them....although what I'll do with 22 of them and no place to put them I don't know. Dip in the hot tub for a quick warm up maybe?

You still have your heat lamp on them, right? If so, I wouldn't worry too much, just point it towards a corner so it will reflect more heat and they can all huddle together into that corner. Your birds have really good feathering already and they will stay warmer than you think, while also drawing on each other's body heat.

It's time to let go, Mama Hen, and let the babies learn to sleep on their own.

Okay, I admit it - I'm worried about the girls (and Charlie) out there in the cold.  It's 30 degrees inside the coop, according to the remote thermometer, and it's 26 degrees outside with a strong North wind.  I'm going out (yes, in my mismatched jammies) to check on them....although what I'll do with 22 of them and no place to put them I don't know.  Dip in the hot tub for a quick warm up maybe?

They will be fine let them be they would "rough it " if they where wild..

Back
Top Bottom