The Front Porch Swing

I just had to lick the inside of the refrigerator clean because I spilled one of the pots de creme I just whipped up in the blender when I was putting them into the fridge to chill.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/easy-delicious-and-yes-elegant-pots-de-creme/
Ewwww....after I read your post I opened the fridge to see if anything that good might have spilled in mine. "Ah HA!" I thought, "Chocolate pudding spilled in there!" (Chocolate pudding and hot chocolate are the ONLY chocolate things I like.) My eyes glazed over and I began praising Leslie for that fantastic idea - then I remembered that I didn't have any chocolate pudding. Haven't had any since Thanksgiving. Um, I'm not sure what that was when I put it in there, but I think I'll skip the taste test to find out.

I just had to lick the inside of the refrigerator clean because I spilled one of the pots de creme I just whipped up in the blender when I was putting them into the fridge to chill.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/easy-delicious-and-yes-elegant-pots-de-creme/

.......sounds just like me. My boyfriend spilled raw honey (the real stuff) on the counter this morning. He caught me licking it off the counter. He informed me that "I am not right". I said "but it sure tastes good!".

well I have a guinea pig that is dying. His body has been shutting down for nearly 48 hours, won't eat or drink. Never had death be so prolonged.
I'm so sorry. I had a beloved cat die the same way. Turns out she had been diabetic and all the vets just kept telling me to stop feeding her table scraps, which made me so frustrated, because we didn't feed her ANY. She would even turn her nose up at them.

Prayed a first blessing on this baby girl and dedicated her to God's service in her life and thanked God for her health, her life and her sweet, sweet beauty. Granny Bee is in LURVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Children are such amazing little miracles! Congratulations Bee!! I love their perfect little fingers and toes. I keep threatening my little one that I'm going to eat them because they look like candy. She giggles.
Now I know that this can't compare to giving up drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol but let me tell you it was no piece of cake either.
LOL Oh yes it can compare! I think they put something in those diet cokes....

I saw a snowy owl on my home from work today - sitting on top of a power pole. They are such beautiful birds!
That would be incredible! We have great horned owls, I went out on the deck one night and it silently swooshed down from it's tree and flew 5' over my head. We go out sometimes at night and hear them calling to each other. Amazing things. Hope they don't find my chickens out.

If I put away that much every week, I'll be able to pay off my loans within a year! Good enough for me!
Good Job!! Pay them off early! I'm still paying for mine and must have already paid the original amount once and am working on twice around.

Can you guys pray for my father? He spent all day yesterday with "flu" from both ends (should be spelled flue, right?) and still feels rough this morning.
Yes, that can be tough at their age. Mine is 82 and we keep far away when we even have the sniffles, he's got asthma so that doesn't help either. His last sibling just died two days ago and he's feeling a little lost from that as well. She's in California and there's no way my parents can get out to her service, but she and my dad were very close, phone calls every week or so. I took my two girls to see him today and he looked a little lost. If you can include him in your prayers, I would be grateful.

Good Morning everyone!
Hello!!
frow.gif

I entered this in one of the BYC Hatch a longs contest !
That's awesome! Very creative.

Okay, I'm back from Powell and I did promise a story. Everyone got their drinks? Snacks? Tissues? (definitely tissues this time) Been to the potty room? All cozy on your swing, bucket, or porch rail? Then let us begin:
Definitely tissues. Beautiful story.
Right after Jen gave me my ultrasound printout I spotted this, and I relaxed. I knew Kendra was going
to be just fine, and that her future was in greater hands than ours. If you see it, let me know. If you have trouble I'll point it out. Ready, set, GO!!
I saw it! I was thinking praying hands and then I saw the face. Isn't it amazing what He does to ease our troubled minds?

.......sounds just like me. My boyfriend spilled raw honey (the real stuff) on the counter this morning. He caught me licking it off the counter. He informed me that "I am not right". I said "but it sure tastes good!".
You are not right. But it is good.
gig.gif

Blooie, I'm always amazed at how God gives us the strength we need (just when we need it, not before) to get through the really tough times. And not just strength, but a peace that is so real but can't be explained. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Searsmom, I'm praying for your Dad. It's never easy to lose someone close - no matter what the age. And as parents age, they lose more and more of their siblings and friends. Each one is a reminder of how fragile life really is. My mother in law passed away a month ago. She was 86 and her body was falling apart in many ways, but her spirit remained strong to the end. The pastor at the funeral told us we haven't "lost" her. You can't lose someone when you know where they are. That's been a comfort to us. My mom died 12 years ago from breast cancer - she was 61. Both these women set a wonderful example of how to live life to its fullest and how to accept what life gives us graciously without complaining and how to see life with the glass half full rather than half empty. And most of all how to live life letting God's love shine through them and splash on anyone that came near them. I have big shoes to fill. I no longer have these women praying for me and our kids. I'm realizing I'm now that next generation and it's my responsibility to hold up others in prayer as they did. Sobering and a bit scary. I don't feel old enough for this.

Bee, thanks for sharing the hatching of your chick. What a little miracle. How does he look now? I've never seen one hatch, so that was special. Always seen chicks as a day old. I'm really hoping one of my hens goes broody. I had one go broody a couple months ago, but it was so cold, there was no way I'd let her try hatching some. With everyone talking of getting chicks now, I'm wishing for some too. But first things first - I need to build a bigger coop!

Wishing you all a special Sunday tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom