The funky winged chick

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
We got a new chick(silver laced wyandotte). I couldn't deal with it being in the cage alone, which the only time it was in there was while my oldest was asleep, rest of the time she was on her shoulder.
So, took kidlet 2 to the feed store. they had bantys and reds. She didn't want a red, but while looking at the bantys she came across one that just wasn''t....right. It looks healthy for the most part, bright eyes, its poop is normal, no discharge anywhere, no sneezing etc.
It doesn't stand up though, it's always in a crouch, leaning forward, like it's head is to heavy and it's leaning forward. there's no obvious defects of it's legs, they seem strong. It manages to walk in this position. It's pretty funny actually to see it running across the cage.
I haven't been able to get video of this because as soon as I grab the camera and stick it near the cage the SLW freaks and starts trying to fly.
The real weird thing to me though, is it's wings. If it were a duck I would say angel wings, but can chicks get this?
It's not the best pic, but I think you can get an idea of what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom