The Fuzzy-Butt Thundering herd of Wisco

Ok so this is copied n pasted from my other post. Its called Woww...

So my brother has made a big effort to call MY RIR his. And he has succeded. Yup, he kissed up to my dad and won. If I said I dont care I'd be lying. I'm absalutely outraged. I've never been so mad in my entire life! Now he can say hes got 2 chickens, does that make him cooler? Does that make him a better chicken owner? NO. So now he'll probably make up some ridiculous completely stupid name for her like he did for Omelet, his BO. Please excuse my language and pleeease dont report me for the following words:
This is complete Drat!! I could kill somthing right now. Hmm but who? My brother?! Nahh. As much as I'd love to, I'd be in prison for the rest of my life. Yup. Bad idea. God I'm so maad... She is mine! My chcken! I did the research! I picked out breeds! I'm doing the work! JUst cause my dad picked her out doesnt mean shes really his to give away! I take car eof her! I love her! And this is Drat!. Again apologizing for the language. I just need to vent. I already took out part of my anger on my dad and he says any more additude and I'm grounded for a looong time. Great. This is Drat!.
Fml. If you dont know what that stands form, look it up.

Thanks much.

AJ, it is just fine to love your pets as you do! I am considerably older than you and because of my love for animals when I was young I became an animal behaviorist. After I passed my veterinary technician state board and worked as a technician for several years I decided to continue my education and finally had my own practice about 15 years ago. I have spent my life loving and helping animals and their owners. I also kiss my pets and talk to them all the time.
gigglesmile.gif
I was lucky to find my husband who loves our pets as much as I do but doesn't show his affection as much as I do
loveshower.gif
but he does talk to them!

The fuzzy Butt Thundering herd of Wisco has had quite a fun time lately. They are exploring areas of the yard that they have never explored, they are trying foods they have never tried, they are doing things they have never done! And they are thundering like never before!
There is scandal lurking in the crappy coop! Domonique and Little Roo have settled their dispute, and more. They are now roosting next to each other, eating next to each other, sneaking off together alone during thundering outside time, and more... my brother swears he saw Roo attempting to mount her! Isnt it a little too early for that? Oh well. These two are becoming more than friends.
Domonique has learned a trick! I stick out my arm in front of her, and she hops right on up! Then she pecks at any specks on my arms and makes her happy chicken sound. It is the cutest thing ever.
Today, I woke up to major rain. Now there is a natural slip n slide in the backyard, the sand box is full of water, there is a small canyon going down my drive way, and part of my pasture is all but washed away. The culvert that we have replaced twice is washed away again, worse than ever before. Its times like this that I wish I lived in town.
The rain stopped around noon, and I let the chickens out, but its supposed to rain even more later. I don't know how much more this area can take.

Any hoo, there have not been pics for a while, and yesterday I finally spent about half an hour uploading them on my slow dumb computer. Please enjoy...

This is my dog, Rex. He is so pretty
smile.png

53281_img_2499.jpg

Here he is hiding. He always runs and hides when you are about to throw his stick/ball/frisbee. Then he shoots out and dashes full speed towards where it landed.
53281_img_2501.jpg

In his doggie bed.
53281_img_1286.jpg

53281_img_2256.jpg

ANd here is Midnight. She just payed a visit a week ago, but she is still here. Were hoping she is here to stay. So far, she hasnt shown interest in the chickens. Thank goodness.
53281_img_2493.jpg

Her poor little stub tail
53281_img_2497.jpg

Here you can see her foot. Poor girl.
53281_img_2492.jpg

My pretty back yard
smile.png

53281_img_2523.jpg

And here are some random picks of my babies.

A while ago (dont know when) we found the chickens on the porch. Again, I had to get pics before kicking them off.
53281_img_2435.jpg

53281_img_2434.jpg

53281_img_2433.jpg

53281_img_2431.jpg

53281_img_2500.jpg

53281_img_2522.jpg

And theyre in the bat poop again...
53281_img_2520.jpg

Enjoying some corn.
53281_img_2503.jpg

53281_img_2502.jpg

My pretty show-girl gets an ear to herself
smile.png
For a while.
53281_img_2509.jpg

53281_img_2504.jpg

Omelet with her corny face
smile.png

53281_img_2508.jpg

And big Girl with hers.
53281_img_2518.jpg

And I just had to get Pacobeans.
53281_img_2513.jpg

After they were full of corn, the fuzzy-butts wiped their corn covered faces on the grass and continued their adventures.

Can you find the chicken?
53281_img_2408.jpg

Under the front porch
53281_img_2415.jpg

Headed to the backyard.
53281_img_2416.jpg

On the old basketball court
53281_img_2423.jpg

53281_img_2417.jpg

This would be a melon rind after they were done with it. It was like holding paper.
53281_img_2430.jpg

Will continue once other stuff happens.

Here is an update on the Ms Prissy conflict, copied and pasted from the other topic thingy.

This morning he picked her up and said "good morning, my new bird!" I could have socked him right then and there, except for living with a family like mine, I have developed amazing self control. But someday I will boil over...
So I told him to quit rubbing it in my face and trying to piss me off. He asked me why I'm so mad about it. I said he doesnt understand. Oh yes, and guess what hes calling her? Ms. Prissy! Wow what a dumb name. Possibly the dumbest I have ever heard. It comes from an old looney tunes cartoon. There was this rooster called Foghorn Leghorn and a hen called Ms Prissy who was obbsessed with him. My dads idea. Well I'm gonna keep calling her Red til I find a name that suits her. The problem with that? My brother complained about that too. He now says that if I dont call her by the name hes given her, hes gonna call my little EE named Pacobean a name I came up with but he liked. Smuckers. Like the jam? BUt there is a difference. Pacobean is officially not his chicken. And even though my dad has handed off little Red to my bro, shes still never gonna be his chicken.

The Fuzzy-Butt Thundering herd of Wisco had a nearly human free day.
The rain yesterday did incredible damage, and even though I should feel lucky we suffered little, I dont. Our culvert wasnt blown out, but all the rock that has been already washed away 3 times was. We spent a large part of the day hauling the washed away rocks back to where they were before the rain struck. Now after all that, my dad announced we are going to get another larger culvert and fill the space around it with concrete. Hooray! This will never happen again! Unless it rains tonight. Or tommarow night. Or the next night.
Onto the Ms Prissy update. My brother continues to slip up and call her Red. Haha. That is all I have to say on that.

Update on Little Roo!
His. voice. is. changing!
Thats right! Now he makes the "buck-buck" sound of an adult chicken! Though often he sounds like a boy going through puberty. He makes a half peep, half buck-buck sound. It is cute. And he keeps striking the crow pose and opening his magnificent beak wide like a roo crowing. Maybe its just my imagination. Hmm.
Anyhoo, the girls seem like they are fighting more than he is! Sometimes, he will go through like this 15 minute fighting phase where every move from the ladies sets him off. But then he is better. And then when the girls fight, I swear he sometimes jumps right in between them. And he has more than gained the girls respect. I am actually quite certain they are scared to death of him. I hope this gets better. I thought that the hens were supposed to respect and be a friend to the rooster? Anyone have an opinion?

Much love from the Fuzzy-Butts
big_smile.png

wow. i am ssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
mad at your brother because i would just die if i had to give up one of my chickens lucky for me my brother let me name all the chickens
D.gif
and treat them like my own.
i have some good names for the chickens.

for red : flare, amber, honey, little red.

for dominique : Ivy, violet, pebble.

for little girl : swan, minty, princess.

for big girl : puffy, flow, fern.

omg blueraspberry! Thank you! Thank you so much! And I like the name suggestions
smile.png

I already call RIR little Red, or red for short. Amber doesnt work because I know a girl name amber, and she is the most horrible person I have ever met. I love all three for domonique, I would probably lean towards violet, or Ivy.
I dont really like the name princess. It makes her sound like a spoiled brat. Sorry...
I like fern for big girl too, but I am leaning towards the name Duck right now. Because she reminds me of my turkey, Duck. When she sat down, she would grow twice as wide as normal. Big Girl doeas the same thing. And like Duck, she can swallow things bigger than her own head.

Thanks again. Ill think about it
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom