The girls hated the oatmeal so what other foods for cold days?

Ours like oatmeal mixed with their food. Or, on cold mornings I like to make them scrambled eggs, just a little for each chicken though. And we warm their drinking water a little.

When you place it at a 45 degree angle, do you put the lid back on?
Also, I assume you do not fill it back up with water?
We are doing this as a science experiment.

Thanks

Chickens love oat meal. Your chickens are just not human so they prefer their oat meal dry, old fashion, and unflavored.

It was plain(unflavoured)

Besides this is an old post lol i don't even worry about it anymore, my girls wintered just fine and now even have 'additions' for this winter.
big_smile.png

Good luck, or maybe I should wish you and your hens Bon Appetit.....
lol.png
..... well at least I wish it to you. On the other hand your hens may not appreciate the irony of me telling you to have a good appetite and leaving them out of the blessing,,,, uh I meant grace... un..... benediction... (sarcasm)

OK, one more time. May the great Spandex wearing dietician in the sky stop his titanium framed, carbon fiber, 20 speed mountain bike long enough to forgive us humans for this cholesterol, calories, and calcium which we are about to consume.

At any rate keep your hens out of the kitchen when your cooking or eating, or blind fold them first. It's one of those need to know kind of things.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom