The Great Banana Bread Disaster of 2015

I'm not sure why I don't like nuts in banana bread. I like nuts. I like banana bread. Maybe one of my first experiences with banana bread had a piece of bitter walnut in it. Maybe it got stuck in my teeth. Maybe it gouged the roof of my mouth.

I think I will bring this up with my therapist. We've talked about hypnosis; maybe a regression will help answer this burning question. Or maybe I'll just not say anything about it and keep being the person of low taste I know I am.

I never had any kids, so EmtheFishLady, you can rest assured that I did not pass these despicable genes on to another generation.

I love my banana bread with nuts but my mother in law started making it without nuts for my boys since they’ve been eating banana bread way before they could chew nuts properly and now that’s how they like it.

So now I’m used to nut-less banana bread. I like both. 🍌 🍞 🌰

I don't really like banana bread, I've had some really good banana bread, that was light and golden and banana-y.
but by and large, they're gray, stodgy loaves that taste of baking soda and a hint of banana.
I do think about making banana bread,
My recipe:
buy bananas, the ones in the back where a bag of slightly over-ripe specimens are a dollar.
Eat maybe three bananas.
Forget about bananas for a week.
Bananas get more over ripe, throw in the freezer for banana bread later.
Forget about bananas for a year.
Throw out bananas.

I don't really like banana bread, I've had some really good banana bread, that was light and golden and banana-y.
but by and large, they're gray, stodgy loaves that taste of baking soda and a hint of banana.
I do think about making banana bread,
My recipe:
buy bananas, the ones in the back where a bag of slightly over-ripe specimens are a dollar.
Eat maybe three bananas.
Forget about bananas for a week.
Bananas get more over ripe, throw in the freezer for banana bread later.
Forget about bananas for a year.
Throw out bananas.

Don’t throw out the bananas!! Throw em to your chickens!!

I have yet to find the perfect recipe. The one my MIL makes has a ton of sugar which is still delicious but I want one with not so much sugar but equally delicious. No sugar substitutes either! I either use real sugar or none at all. Hmm maybe honey? That’s natural...

Don’t throw out the bananas!! Throw em to your chickens!!

I have yet to find the perfect recipe. The one my MIL makes has a ton of sugar which is still delicious but I want one with not so much sugar but equally delicious. No sugar substitutes either! I either use real sugar or none at all. Hmm maybe honey? That’s natural...
My chichens wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole! :p
Honey could throw off the texture, so other ingredients would have to be adjusted. I'll have to get my pastor's wife's recipe, it's fantastic and I don't believe it had a lot of sugar.

Back
Top Bottom