The Great Banana Bread Disaster of 2015

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
Exactly one year ago today, I went to the Farmer's Market with my Hubby. While there, I bought some Banana bread from a very American, honest looking old granny...I was looking forward to this bread. I take a bite, no nuts. There's no nuts in the whole loaf. Biggest letdown since I figured out that life was in fact NOT like a box of chocolates. What kind of world are we living in if I can't trust an old lady to bake her banana bread the right way? Anyway, I ranted about this on Facebook last year, and got mixed results. Some people say banana bread without nuts is fine. I personally think that it just should not even be baked without nuts. Facebook reminded me of this very distressing issue, and I figured I'd post it here and see what everyone thought on the matter. Because as you all know, I like to tackle the important issues of today.

I'm on team no-nuts
lau.gif

Same father was upset that every time we went out to eat, he kept getting " fish and french fries.

Many pardons if this offends someone, it is not my intent this joke seems to fit your post Diva.

An Irishman, a Mexican and a Blonde Guy were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building. They were eating lunch and the Irishman said, "Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch, I'm going to jump off this building."

The Mexican opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "Burritos again! If I get burritos one more time I'm going to jump off, too."

The blond opened his lunch and said, Bologna again! If I get a bologna sandwich one more time, I'm jumping too."

The next day, the Irishman opened his lunch box, saw corned beef and cabbage, and jumped to his death.

The Mexican opened his lunch, saw a burrito, and jumped, too.

The blonde guy opened his lunch, saw the bologna and jumped to his death as well.

At the funeral, the Irishman's wife was weeping. She said, "If I'd known how really tired he was of corned beef and cabbage, I never would have given it to him again!"

The Mexican's wife also wept and said, "I could have given him tacos or enchiladas! I didn't realize he hated burritos so much." Everyone turned and stared at the blonde's wife.

The blonde's wife said, "Don't look at me. He makes his own lunch!

I'm not sure why I don't like nuts in banana bread. I like nuts. I like banana bread. Maybe one of my first experiences with banana bread had a piece of bitter walnut in it. Maybe it got stuck in my teeth. Maybe it gouged the roof of my mouth.

I think I will bring this up with my therapist. We've talked about hypnosis; maybe a regression will help answer this burning question. Or maybe I'll just not say anything about it and keep being the person of low taste I know I am.

I never had any kids, so EmtheFishLady, you can rest assured that I did not pass these despicable genes on to another generation.

I don't really like banana bread, I've had some really good banana bread, that was light and golden and banana-y.
but by and large, they're gray, stodgy loaves that taste of baking soda and a hint of banana.
I do think about making banana bread,
My recipe:
buy bananas, the ones in the back where a bag of slightly over-ripe specimens are a dollar.
Eat maybe three bananas.
Forget about bananas for a week.
Bananas get more over ripe, throw in the freezer for banana bread later.
Forget about bananas for a year.
Throw out bananas.
Last year we bought a new fridge. While I was cleaning out the old one. I'm thinking to myself.... Why do I have 75 random banana? Because I do that exact thing... I no longer save old banana. Because the frozen are forgotten! 🤣🤷‍♀️

I don't really like banana bread, I've had some really good banana bread, that was light and golden and banana-y.
but by and large, they're gray, stodgy loaves that taste of baking soda and a hint of banana.
I do think about making banana bread,
My recipe:
buy bananas, the ones in the back where a bag of slightly over-ripe specimens are a dollar.
Eat maybe three bananas.
Forget about bananas for a week.
Bananas get more over ripe, throw in the freezer for banana bread later.
Forget about bananas for a year.
Throw out bananas.

Back
Top Bottom