The Great Banana Bread Disaster of 2015

I don't really like banana bread, I've had some really good banana bread, that was light and golden and banana-y.
but by and large, they're gray, stodgy loaves that taste of baking soda and a hint of banana.
I do think about making banana bread,
My recipe:
buy bananas, the ones in the back where a bag of slightly over-ripe specimens are a dollar.
Eat maybe three bananas.
Forget about bananas for a week.
Bananas get more over ripe, throw in the freezer for banana bread later.
Forget about bananas for a year.
Throw out bananas.
Last year we bought a new fridge. While I was cleaning out the old one. I'm thinking to myself.... Why do I have 75 random banana? Because I do that exact thing... I no longer save old banana. Because the frozen are forgotten! 🤣🤷‍♀️

Ya know, some of y'all just have some odd ideas about Banana Bread. Think the proper word for y'all nut less bread folks is "Touched"?

Exactly one year ago today, I went to the Farmer's Market with my Hubby. While there, I bought some Banana bread from a very American, honest looking old granny...I was looking forward to this bread. I take a bite, no nuts. There's no nuts in the whole loaf. Biggest letdown since I figured out that life was in fact NOT like a box of chocolates. What kind of world are we living in if I can't trust an old lady to bake her banana bread the right way? Anyway, I ranted about this on Facebook last year, and got mixed results. Some people say banana bread without nuts is fine. I personally think that it just should not even be baked without nuts. Facebook reminded me of this very distressing issue, and I figured I'd post it here and see what everyone thought on the matter. Because as you all know, I like to tackle the important issues of today.
I don't like nuts. Did she tell you there were nuts?

Back
Top Bottom