The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
BF had some friends over this week. His best friend, Heff, showed up Thursday. A package from my dad showed up last night. I coyly handed it to Heff and asked him to open it, pretty please, for me. On the outside it looked almost normal. Once you got the first layer of brown paper and duct tape (WISHER!) off, the inside was a shield of duct tape, without any box exposed. Under that was another layer, this time with CHEMOTHERAPY CAUTION bright orange stickers all over it. I still regret the day our pharmacy was throwing those out so as a joke I mailed them to my dad...

Anyway, once you got through the onion layers it was a hard Jack Daniels box. I was slightly miffed that he didn't use copper wire or metal roof flashing around the package this time. It was almost too easy.

The box top was glued shut with Gorilla Glue.

Once Heff got through all that he thought he was golden.

Alas, there was two last challenges inside. Vitamin D bottles with a flip top lid. On one my dad had promised it was "E-Z open top" - oh it was... but you couldn't get the coin inside out of the top slot. And of course the rest of the cap was glued on. Heff managed to break the glue seal and get the coin out. It was 5 rubles. Very nice, thanks dad (and Heff). The second lid was also promised as "E-Z open top" and it was. It also wasn't glued shut. But the coin didn't come out of the hole. Turns out my dad had put the coin in the freezer and used a hair dryer to make the top a bit warm and pliable to squeeze the coin in. It took BF putting all his weight on the bottle on the counter to squish it and Heff pulling on the coin to get it out [they were contemplating a hack saw but had been drinking]. It was a nice newly minted silver dollar.

Oh and both the bottles had little notes on them. I'll attach one for those of you that think any of this is made up.
=

Edited to add it together cause it's impossible to read as above.

oy vey

I am glad he keeps himself young with schemes like this!

Tell me about your water buffalo. I must know details.
Water buffalo or caribau as they are known in the Philippines are normally used in farming. They plow rice fields and are used to bring the sugar cane that is cut by hand, to the trucks for loading.

A female yearling sells for about $280. Once they calve, they provide about a gallon of milk a day if you chose to milk them. Unfortunately people do not take advantage of this awesome milk. I want to one day make buffalo mozzarella and other cheese.

I'm from Holland. We're the masters of pudding, custards and porridges. I kid you not. You can go to the grocery store and buy 100 different kinds in the dairy isle o_o

I've had pudding topped with chocolate syrup, sauce made out of every berry imaginable, rhubarb, caramel etc.

I make a mean grits pudding ;-)

My mom has made pudding out of macaroni noodles and raisins.

If you dare me, I think I can name 100 different dairy based desserts, although I may not be able to translate them to English haha.

Buffalos and a hundred puddings your gone a few minutes and you miss all kinds Of craziness

I'm still trying to figure out if this means SCG is planning to ship a buffalo or pudding?
idunno.gif

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom